CaptainFish

Team Fortress 2 Co-op! Mann vs. Machine

Bonus idea reply: How would that be different from the Idle Thumbs Steam group? Is there a special TF2 thing? I don't know anything.

I don't really know, other than mitigating event spam. We could just run some stuff out of the Thumbs Steam group, though.

I'm still upset the soldiers won. ):

Me too. Would Demoman have received the Gunboots instead of Soldier? Damage-less stickyjumps would have been sweet.

Yeah, from what I understand, the Gunboats would've gone to the demoman. What a shame. ):

Also, unless the group becomes unmanageably large or there are an exceptional amount of events for one game, I see no reason to split everything off into separate groups. Also, maybe the new Group stuff Valve just announced will make things better, so that it's unnecessary, anyway?

Also, maybe the new Group stuff Valve just announced will make things better, so that it's unnecessary, anyway?

Got a link to this?

Yeah I got more excited than I should've been that Zepheniah Mann had a secret third son who's been consistently implied for about 2 years.

It's funny that Valve does all this for every little thing, and PlayStation All-Star Battle Royale just accidentally showed their entire hand about a year before the game's out.

As for this robot stuff: Really exciting, but I dunno it all sounds really stat-focused. I'm not super into temporarily having my runspeed de-buffed or whatever, but I'll try it out anyway.

As for this robot stuff: Really exciting, but I dunno it all sounds really stat-focused. I'm not super into temporarily having my runspeed de-buffed or whatever, but I'll try it out anyway.

Where do people find this stuff? Am I missing some details in the teamfortress.com update or is there extra detailed coverage somewhere?

Got a link to this?

Woo.

Where do people find this stuff? Am I missing some details in the teamfortress.com update or is there extra detailed coverage somewhere?

I think the idea about the stats-based stuff is from this line from the main announcement:

Take advantage of breaks between waves to upgrade your abilities and weapons

Somehow I felt this was always coming...

Love the design for the robots. Fits the TF2 aesthetic damn well.

Yeah that's what I was feeling like 20 minutes ago.

Team Fortress dot com has links to all information on how this mode will work, and what the gray robots do

Got a link to this?

Tycho already linked it, but don't get too excited. It's a definite improvement, but I'm wondering just how much better it'll be. It'd be neat if they let each member of a group choose which types of message pop-ups to receive, so that I could ignore all messages related to game X, or whatever. We'll have to wait and see just how much can be done, I guess. U:

You're super late, but you're definitely not the only one amazed. TF2's big rollouts have all been super impressive. My favorite one is still the War rollout, with Soldiers versus Demomans trying to tally up the most kills, regardless of team side. It was a weird couple of weeks there, where you would run into another Demo on the opposing team out on the map and know that though you were enemies, you were also on the same side.

I'm aware of previous releases, but I guess I didn't engage with them like I did with this. I feel like a kid I'm so excited about this.

Quite looking forward to this! I would definitely like playing with some Thumbs. :D

The first thing the robots do is take your thumbs. Don't get caught.

Been toying with the idea of setting another TF2 server up for a week or so. Could run it/admin it if the interest is there. Chances are it would wane before too long though.

I think we'd have to organize evenings to get together if we actually want to play together, which I wouldn't mind doing if there is enough interest.

We're looking for a semi-regular game night on our site and a server to hop on. Paying for one of these hosted solutions seems like a really costly option. Seems like a much better option to find someone with a fat pipe at home and a spare machine laying around.

I think we'd have to organize evenings to get together if we actually want to play together, which I wouldn't mind doing if there is enough interest.

I would totaly be up for that, but it depends where in the world people are for meet up times, maybe a EU and US groups?

Yeah I think that the size of people interested and the timezones involved mean that separate EU and US groups might be best.

Also, I'm definitely interested. Is this out, or when does it come out?

I would love to play co-operative TF2 with some Thumbs. Also, I have really come to appreciate Valve's approach of showing off the new game update and then letting people play it in a few days. Especially when the update include new modes, which at this point is all I am interested in when it comes to TF2. That, and the back story which is an insane combination of Valve writing around things they put in place when they had no idea what TF2 would become.

They're not that expensive. I'd be willing to front the initial cash and run it for a month or two if I could get some donations. My preferred hosters seem to be charging 11.36 for a 24 slot TF2 server w/10 slot teamspeak server.

Or, a 10 slot server for 4 quid odd.

Yeah I think that the size of people interested and the timezones involved mean that separate EU and US groups might be best.

Also, I'm definitely interested. Is this out, or when does it come out?

TODAY!

Also, this:

RoboCoop

That is all.