CaptainFish

Team Fortress 2 Co-op! Mann vs. Machine

The day I stand next to a filthy Blu player and not kill them is... well probably the day I start playing TF2 again which will be when this gets released.

Horde modes can be fun. I GUESS I TOO HAVE A REASON TO START PLAYING TF2 AGAIN.

OH GOD

How am I going to fit Darksiders 2 and Sleeping Dogs in with this happening?

OH GOD

How am I going to fit Darksiders 2 and Sleeping Dogs in with this happening?

Darksiders 2 is good enough to occupy all that potential.

Man Valve just does everything right with TF2, their presentation is so fucking good.

e: I honestly can't believe how well they are doing with presenting new content, regardless of how good it is they still manage to make it look and feel incredibly awesome. This is nothing new but they must have some insanely fun people over there to somehow manage to hit all the right notes. It's hard to extract what's so good about it, but everything from theme to form to content is just right. I can't think about anything else this morning.

never got into tf2 because I never felt like putting the time in getting repeatedly trounced to get any good at it. This though, I may catch flack for letting down my side, but at least the other players won't be actively trying to kill me. incidentally, it just occurs to me that Valve ought to be pretty darn good at the whole coop thing what with left4dead under their belt.

This is something that I've been kind of expressing desire for for a while to friends, so I'm just gonna come out and say it here, too.

I want an actual TF2 raid mode, where a group of players play cooperatively to complete objectives. Kind of like this, but not actually like this... more like MMO dungeons. I want some really involved strategy here. I want the medic to be a full-time healer and the heavy or the soldier to be the tank, managing aggro on the bosses and the scout and pyro and demo and scout to be damaging and dodging various scripted moves. And the engineer, ohhhh the engineer.

I'm sorry. I'm so sorry. ):

I want an actual TF2 raid mode, where a group of players play cooperatively to complete objectives. Kind of like this, but not actually like this... more like MMO dungeons. I want some really involved strategy here. I want the medic to be a full-time healer and the heavy or the soldier to be the tank, managing aggro on the bosses and the scout and pyro and demo and scout to be damaging and dodging various scripted moves. And the engineer, ohhhh the engineer.

Oh man, before the comics and the narrative, I really wanted a focused co-op experience of just that, like a 4 man team going through an adventure.

It seems like there might be -some- strategy to the big bots? But also I hate you. But that's the guy who's done with mmorpgs in me.

After watching the launch... film (I feel like callling it a trailer is inaccurate) several times, my favourite part by far is after the mercs meet up and are waiting for the bots to appear. The vocal music and short lower notes just feels so much like L4D in the best way (the lower notes even sound like special infected stingers). And then the vehicle arrives and it's obscured except for the lights.... It's the best.

It seems like there might be -some- strategy to the big bots? But also I hate you. But that's the guy who's done with mmorpgs in me.

Yeah but it wouldn't actually be an MMO*. That's the genius!

*Well, until Valve makes it an MMO, which they clearly want to do. CLEARLY.

Am I really the only one who is amazed by how well Valve presents their releases, ARGs and all? Or am I just late to the party?

You're super late, but you're definitely not the only one amazed. TF2's big rollouts have all been super impressive. My favorite one is still the War rollout, with Soldiers versus Demomans trying to tally up the most kills, regardless of team side. It was a weird couple of weeks there, where you would run into another Demo on the opposing team out on the map and know that though you were enemies, you were also on the same side.

Bonus idea: Would a Thumbs TF2 steam group make sense?

Bonus idea reply: How would that be different from the Idle Thumbs Steam group? Is there a special TF2 thing? I don't know anything.

You're super late, but you're definitely not the only one amazed. TF2's big rollouts have all been super impressive. My favorite one is still the War rollout, with Soldiers versus Demomans trying to tally up the most kills, regardless of team side. It was a weird couple of weeks there, where you would run into another Demo on the opposing team out on the map and know that though you were enemies, you were also on the same side.

Bonus idea: Would a Thumbs TF2 steam group make sense?

I'm still upset the soldiers won. ):