Thrik

Photos of things

Man, you people make good photos. That forest/heath of yours is absolutely amazing James.

Thanks, that's very kind. Those first three shots are from one of the very few times I've done the things you're supposed to do: wake up obscenely early and take a tripod with you. The second one is a reverse lens macro shot, which is a very inexpensive way to try out macro photography, particularly if you have an unused normal lens.

I would also be up for photo contests :)

Thanks Wookieepedia, that's one of my all time favourite shots... That's snow behind them, and they were chasing each other around basically by my feet, so I was very lucky. Also that train yard shot is great!

post-8096-0-21035600-1435421249_thumb.jpg

Dad

I probably should have used a polarizer to get rid of the distracting glasses reflection, but I don't currently have one on that lens.

Incidentally, I only just noticed Flickr's auto-tagging feature. It seems pretty good so far:

post-8096-0-11998900-1435421628.png

The lighter tags were automatically generated. Obviously "monochrome" should be a pretty straight-forward thing to detect, but the other stuff less so. Now I can agonize less over my own inadequate tagging.

Lol! I work for the tourist board

I've had a few Jim bean honey's (shhhhh don't tell Allah) and feeling artistic...

post-27841-0-75970900-1435497854_thumb.jpg

Would anybody be interested in a weekly photo challenge? Each week we get a theme and have to report back with a photo?

This sounds like a good way to get back into the swing of things. I bought a Pentax K-50 a few weeks ago because I was heading to Michigan for my cousin's wedding. It's been a lot of fun to shoot with. Here are some highlights:

MICHIGAN-0384-XL.jpg

MICHIGAN-0397-XL.jpg

MICHIGAN-0392-XL.jpg

MICHIGAN-0529-XL.jpg

MICHIGAN-0595-XL.jpg

MICHIGAN-0592-XL.jpg

MICHIGAN-0606-XL.jpg

MICHIGAN-0642-XL.jpg

MICHIGAN-0699-XL.jpg

I went to visit my wife's Uncle in Seattle for a few days recently, wish I had more time to spend in the city proper. 

18877044174_84edc56148_h.jpg

19492969152_f4f17aa950_h.jpg

19492970042_aa16bb122b_h.jpg

19045435913_d57de00864_h.jpg

19311624208_20353d9b02_b.jpg

That plant portrait is gorgeous.

Thank you.

Here are some from my very limited time in Detroit. I would love to go back and spend a few days just photographing this stuff.

MICHIGAN-0755-XL.jpg

MICHIGAN-0757-XL.jpg

MICHIGAN-0738-XL.jpg

MICHIGAN-0743-XL.jpg

MICHIGAN-0747-XL.jpg

MICHIGAN-0745-XL.jpg

MICHIGAN-0760-XL.jpg

holy shitballs!

edit: what a terrible way to begin a new page! Those pictures are great, Architecture. 

edit 2: here I'll quote them over here, too, for people like me who use the default page settings:

Thank you.

Here are some from my very limited time in Detroit. I would love to go back and spend a few days just photographing this stuff.

MICHIGAN-0755-XL.jpg

MICHIGAN-0757-XL.jpg

MICHIGAN-0738-XL.jpg

MICHIGAN-0743-XL.jpg

MICHIGAN-0747-XL.jpg

MICHIGAN-0745-XL.jpg

MICHIGAN-0760-XL.jpg

Stellar work, Architecture. Really great stuff.

Went on a date with my wife Saturday and decided to play around with long exposures while walking around the city:

20425687612_eaf1222fc0_b.jpg

19811705174_b61159ac0d_b.jpg

I finally have something that I feel like would be worth posting in here!  Took some pictures of my keyboard with a nice DSLR borrowed from a friend.

vHYiVdw.jpg

ATQlwqa.jpg

HfvIn3R.jpg

Zd5WnRK.jpg

jkAQMKH.jpg

KZ2YLpr.jpg

p2Ydk2g.jpg

I finally have something that I feel like would be worth posting in here!  Took some pictures of my keyboard with a nice DSLR borrowed from a friend.

What's going on with your partially chewed escape key?! Also: fantastic numpad-- Is one of those faces a Helghast? Also also: nice shots

Haha the escape key is a cap made by Bro Caps!  This particular little guy is named Stump.  The other faces on the numpad are all by Hot Keys Project... I don't know if they draw inspiration from anything in particular, but in order from left to right they are named Trooper, Raven, Warmaster, and Gas Mask.  Those are all his names not mine!  I have developed a sort of affinity for keyboards and turns out there are a lot of people who make little pieces of art to decorate them with!

Haha the escape key is a cap made by Bro Caps!  This particular little guy is named Stump.  The other faces on the numpad are all by Hot Keys Project... I don't know if they draw inspiration from anything in particular, but in order from left to right they are named Trooper, Raven, Warmaster, and Gas Mask.  Those are all his names not mine!  I have developed a sort of affinity for keyboards and turns out there are a lot of people who make little pieces of art to decorate them with!

Cool Keyboard!

I took a group shot of us last night while watching the Perseid Meteor Shower, only caught one meteor in the photo (the other two are planes)

20540432412_f83c16d08d_b.jpg

Recently I haven't been taking as many pictures as I ought, but I caught this on the way home from work this evening. I'm really pleased with how it came out:

post-8096-0-99844000-1439592151_thumb.jpg

(Higher quality on Flickr)

Recently I haven't been taking as many pictures as I ought, but I caught this on the way home from work this evening. I'm really pleased with how it came out:

I really dig the textures and colors in this, nice job!