Sign in to follow this  
hyretic

Orcs Must Die! 2

Anyone else been playing this? It was released yesterday on Steam for £12 / $15.

It plays basically exactly the same as the original, just with new maps, new traps, new weapons and new enemies. Online co-op is included this time too. I've played about halfway through the campaign on single player and I'm enjoying it. It's tough though, even for someone playing the first game right up until yesterday, so I imagine it would be very hard for a new player. The difficulty is kinda part of it's charm though. It's difficult in a challenging way rather than a frustrating way.

If you played the original and liked it, you should definitely pick this up. If you're completely new to it, I would suggest playing OMD1 first before jumping into this.

I'm a big consumer of any sort of tower defence games. I tried the first OMD demo, but ended up not buying it since it didn't have multiplayer. My first impressions trying the demo were "This is going to be amazing in coop!".

I've also tried OMD2 demo, which seemed just as good, but with coop. I'll probably pick it up when it's on sale, or when my financial situation improves.

The co-op thing isn't such a big issue for me. I'll probably play a bit with my girlfriend but if it hadn't have had that feature I'd have still bought it day one anyway. If you own OMD1 on steam, you get 10 of those levels available in OMD2 for co-op, so it's still worth having if you see it at 75% off.

One con I forgot to mention in the opening post, the sequel only has 15 levels compared to 24 in the original. There is more incentive for replaying levels now though.

Dibs and I have been playing this in coop, it's pretty neat. Having two players does feel like a big tactical advantage, even though the enemies are apparently harder and maybe more numerous in coop. That said, shouting at your partner when the enemy are breaking through the lines in places is great fun. It also makes it feel slightly less overwhelming that a lot of the levels have a number of different wings or paths you have to defend simultaneously.

I played hundreds of hours of Dungeon Defenders with the girlfriend so I suppose this is probably a must-buy. I normally don't go for tower defense games but having an actual third person avatar at my disposal gives me a lot more apparent agency and makes me enjoy the gameplay far more.

I've played a bit of both single player and co-op. I'm not sure if it was just my connection but i found the co-op a bit laggy but still very fun.

Does anyone know if they re-introduce the 'weavers' from OMD1(that allowed play style customisation) are re-introduced later in OMD2 ?(I'm still in the early stages), or has it been partially replaced by the trinkets slot in the spell book?