elmuerte

Music of the games of video

I basically love everything on the Giants: Citizen Kabuto soundtrack (also everything in the game).

Man, that game was the best. I wonder if it holds up (and indeed even works properly on Windows 7 and modern hardware).

I'm having a hard time getting excited about much on the horizon and impulse bought another PS2 to build a wee collection for nostalgia purposes and play through some highly-regarded titles I missed originally. Persona 3 is among those and having not played a JRPG since 1999 I wasn't sure I'd like it but it's winning me over, not least with the music:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ieuZFNz6pGo

Also, this is probably the best thing I've heard in a game recently. It's for the final boss in Dark Souls and whereas every other piece in the game is huge, bombastic and orchestral and every other boss fight is preceded by a cut-scene to build up the tension, with this you simply walk through a door into a beautiful piano melody that you hear for maybe 15 seconds before you get your face panned in.

I can't find any version of it online, but the 5 variations on the Mystery theme from Wallace & Gromit : The Last Resort have to be one of the most enjoyable and deep piece of Video game music I know.

I keep discovering new nuances in the tracks even though I've been listening to them regularly for the past 2 years. :tup:

Thread resurrection!

999 and VLR both have excellent, excellent music.

If you click through those embeds, i'd recommend doing your best to ignore the spoiler filled comments.

I'll probably post some from VLR too whenever i get around to going through the rest of that game.

I still like Marty's music more, though. Especially that ODST score, that stuff is amazing.

Here's also the beautiful

track from Reach, essentially Bungie saying their goodbyes to the franchise.

Also,

, because why not?

This game cracks me up, it's got dragons and knights and shit, and is pretty much the most metal shoot em` up ever.

uuuuugh Relic has never made anything near as good as Homeworld except maybe Homeworld 2. And this is from someone head over heels in love with Company of Heroes.

Homeworld 2 was a pretty solid multiplayer game, but i thought it had a terrible campaign. The first game was a totally triumphant debut for Relic though, definitely a favorite of mine. (Relic didn't make it, but i also thought Cataclysm was a fine game. Guys behind that are Rockstar Vancouver now.)

Anyways, the first few Elder Scrolls games definitely don't get enough love:

Also, how about the pre-Jeremy Soule

When it comes to 8-bit stuff, it's hard to separate "memorable" with "burned into your brain because it's the same 40 seconds of music looped for hours" but I have had MULTIPLE nightmares set to (ironically enough) the music from LJN's NES Nightmare on Elm Street game. Particularly the title screen music:

Something about that off-kilter rhythm really freaks me out.

From the DmC soundtrack. industrial pop metal, catchy and fun, the perfect accompliment to killing demon's

And this club track is pretty darn hip