nikasaur

Comics Extravaganza - Pow Bang Smash!

So... I thought I'd share some horrifically cheap Halloween deals on digital comics:

1) The latest Humble Book Bundle is a horror special, including amongst other things the first volume of Joe Hill / Gabriel Rodriguez's Locke & Key (which completely passed me by, but I've heard some strong recommendations for it recently), the first two issues of Afterlife With Archie and the first omnibus of Dark Horse's Buffy comics, all for $15 with more to come - https://www.humblebundle.com/books

2) Speaking of Afterlife WIth Archie, the first volume is currently only £1.49 on the Kindle UK store and, by the looks of it, $2.40 on the Kindle US store.

...which should give you plenty to read on Friday night if you're that way inclined.

I don't know whether to post this on the manga thread or the comics thread, but it's just been announced that there's going to be a crossover with Marvel and Attack on Titan. Whut. I don't really know what to expect with this:

B1iVa0JCMAMFAY-.jpg

But it is genuine.

Apparently Gail Simone also wrote a few issues of Wonder Woman so I now know which issues to get, is it weird that she keeps popping up in my comics when I barely read mainstream comics?

Re: Wonder Woman the whole new 52 series by Brian Azzarello and Cliff Chiang that just wrapped up at issue #35 is good. It's very much like an old Vertigo series in that it's a long form finite series that has one long arc rather than the typical mainstream ongoing series that's mostly just a bunch of short arcs made to be packaged as trades. I personally haven't finished all of it since I haven't had time to read anything in over a month (I haven't even been able to read Southern Bastards #5 despite #4 being absolutely nuts at the end), but I heard very good things about the last issue.

Anybody else reading Spider-Verse? I'll be honest, I'm preeetty confused as to what's going on but the action is great and I love me some Olivier Coipel.

Apparently Dark Horse Digital is going to have a Black Friday sale 99.99$ MEGA bundles, it's not full yet, but it looks you can get ALL the Whedonverse for that price, also all the Stars Wars, Dark Horse superheros a few more?

Black Friday is going to be brutal. 

There are a lot of Black Friday Comic Sales going on now.

Dark Horse Digital: Hellboy, Star Wars, Whedonverse.

Comixology: Valiant Comics, Teen Titans, Red Sonja (*cough* Gail Simone's Red Sonja too*cough*), Image, Marvel Collections and more!

Storybundle: It's half comedy books, half comics, but it has K.C. Green in it!

I'm probably going to get more Red Sonja, Rat Queens and... I guess I should get some Saga while it's on sale?

Saga is great, you should definitely get it!

I picked up all the non-Buffy/Angel Whedon stuff - so, Serenity, Dollhouse and Dr Horrible.

In a couple weeks, Here by Richard McGuire comes out. McGuire expands on his influential RAW comic short.

Check out the short here: http://www.entrecomics.com/?p=9431

And it's being expanded to 300 pages! McGuire plans I explore the history of a plot of land. This may be my comic of the year.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0375406506?ie=UTF8&at=&force-full-site=1&ref_=aw_bottom_links

My local comic shop got a copy of Michael Deforge's Ant Colony in and I'm seriously considering buying it. Hnnnng.

Digital comics bother me so much because it's my preferred format to own everything on but there's no good way to read them. ):

Maybe if I had a tablet, but even then I hate staring at that bright screen all the time.

Yeah I definitely get that, I have a Kindle Fire hdx and while I like the screen I can't just sit and read a bunch of issues in one go like I can with a trade or a big OGN. That being said some things just look amazing on a good screen, I bought the deluxe hardcover of Daytripper and it's great, but I also have the issues digitally and for just admiring the art it's my preferred way to go.

Marvel is doing a sale for Marvel Unlimited with the first month for 75c. It'll auto-renew at $10/month, but you can always cancel before that happens; there is no contract period. Unfortunately the app is piss-poor compared to Comixology/Marvel's own non-subscription digital service, but 75c for all you can read in a month is a pretty good deal.

I picked up all the ... Dollhouse

Trouble with doing this is that I need to re-watch the show first and therefore the pretty awful first few episodes ):

Yeah every episode except that very last one is pretty garbage!