Salka

Doctor me up, Thumbs

Hi! Sorry. It's really boring. I take an anti histamine every day, and if I forget, my right foot tingles and I get hives. That's about as exciting as it gets.

I'm not dead, I'm just super busy with two jobs and art commissions and band stuff and university. Aaaaaargh.

I can't wait to graduate. It's gonna be sweet.

How are you all? HEALTHY? x

So it's all sorted now, Salka?

I had this weird thing this morning where I felt like utter shit for about 20 minutes. It was pretty severe, but my doctor has no idea what it could be. Other than that, I'm good :)

Where's Dr. House when you need him?

I couple of years back i started getting hives. like itchy blister. They would come out of nowhere really quickly and completely cove my hands and legs. I'd get them in the depths of winter when i'd go from from one extreme temperate to the other. putting cold hands under a hot tap or turning on the car heater blowing at my legs etc.

Luckly i haven't got them this past year or so far this winter, but a couple of years ago i used to work in an insanely cold office and have a fan heater blasting at my ankles at full whack, and i would spend the majority of the day as an itchy hive covered mutant

Yeah exactly that :eyebrow: Thanks Laxan

Chilblains are often idiopathic in origin but can be manifestations of serious medical conditions that need to be investigated.

SHIT THE BED

I am proud to recieve this University of Thumbs Honorary degree in Medicines and stuff.

I vow to use these powers to google symptoms half-heartedly, and always assure others that I know exactly what I am doing.

oh hey rashes

I had a rash and my dermatologist gave me three different ointments for it; one which made my face feel really hot if I drank alcohol, one which reduced the rash but gave me a different kind of rash near my eyes, and one which dealt with the different rash caused by the other ointment but shouldn't be used long-term because of reasons.

I had to play a subtle dance around which thing was applied when so side-effects balanced each other out and the rash stayed gone. I thought about making a chart.

Resurrecting this most heinous of topics, just to tell you that my lifelong dream of becoming a pirate is finally turning reality.

In other words, but with exactly the same meaning, I'm getting gold crowns. Because of my non-fitting jaw I've got a couple of weak molars that buckle under the strain of eating after many years of abuse abuse, my dentist today advised me to get golden teeth. Sparkly treasure to bury deep in the mouth, where X marks the gums. It's pretty awesome actually, I look forward to having costly metal grafted onto my body like a pimp cyborg. That's what pirating is all about.

Less awesome is that health insurance companies are being dicks with the coverage. They won't allow me to get the maximum coverage, which is, well... why else would I want maximum coverage unless I actually have to get shit done to my teeth? I get it from their perspective, but I also understand my perspective. Which is that I've been paying through the nose for this insurance, and when it's time to use it I get the door slammed in my face.

At least it'll be a face enhanced by gold in a bit.

Don't tell lies Rodi, you're going to Total Rekall to get a memory implanted about being a pirate. If you come back with three boobs, it'll be your own fault.

I'll give you a praxis kit toward the cost.

Thought this was a Dr. Who thread, was ready to rant. Quite disappointed it wasn't.

But uh, I guess I had a cold? It was shitty...yeah.

Gold crowns?! I thought people only did silver or porcelain now because of the current price of gold. I have a fake porcelain front tooth because I hit my mouth on some guys head at a concert when I was fifteen and didn't think to ask my parents to go to the dentist until the tooth had turned grey. There's a shaved nub that the crown sits on. I've seen it once when I peeked into the mirror when the dentist went out the room and it was horrible.

That all said, I think I want a gold front tooth should that porcelain crown ever fall off.

What can I say?

396capture_goldmember04.jpg

I love... goooooold

(It's for my molars though, I wouldn't take anything but porcelain for my front teeth. Gold is indeed more expensive (though not prohibitively so, it's I believe 70-80 euros more than procelain ones), but it's way sturdier than any alternative. Since I need maximum strength, it's the only way to go for me. Also pirates.)

Focus on nutrients from the phlegm category, and ensure you ingest additional yellow bile foodstuffs. Also homeopathy.

I recently passed a kidney stone. This time I managed to go five years without one but I guess it finally caught up with me.

Last time I ended up passing several stones over a one week period so naturally I am freaking out if I start to feel the slightest bit of discomfort after the one I just passed. Seriously, fuck my kidneys.

I think drinking plenty of water is about all I can do aside from avoiding certain foods. And yes they hurt like hell. I imagine getting stabbed repeatedly in the kidneys would feel a bit better.

So, yesterday I was crowned twice. Better than any current monarch in a kingdown, I have two, not one, crowns. Two is better than one, it is clearly the superior number of crowns to have.

In a few weeks I'll get my gold crowns, the ones I have now are temporary. The procedure was not pleasant. The drilling down of two molars to cones wasn't bad, that's rarely ever bad. It wasn't annoying either that it took an hour and half. The killer thing was having a spoon of blue clay pushed in my mouth to make a mold. That was horrendous. I have a phobia for vomiting, so when the assistent over-filled the spoon and brought it too deep against the roof of my mouth, I started gagging, panicked, yanked the thing out of my face and jumped out of the seat. The silly putty they put in there hardens after a while, but it was still rather viscous, so I started desperately scraping it out of the back of my mouth. A nauseating experience. The assistent had put way too much on the spoon, so when I had calmed down the dentist came back and did it way more professionally, with less of the blue stuff and only on the area of my teeth, not in the middle. He carried me through the thing and the rest was peanuts. There were flakes and bits of putty all over the room and the seat and myself though.

In short, I'm afraid I just blue myself.

arrested-development-tobias-blue-kitchen