Sign in to follow this  
Roderick

Legal rights for dolphins and whales

Erkki if I was going to eat an animal it would probably be either fish, or chicken. I've had loads of chickens, they don't have a clue. From experience I'd say it's probably easier to raise and slaughter chickens without causing them distress than it is to raise cows/horses/pigs. Pigs know what's going on. Chickens can't tell their arse from their elbow.

EDIT: I haven't ever slaughtered animals, I'm only going on having watched them and many other types of animal interact with each other and the world for many years, to draw that conclusion. Based on the coherency of my own posts sometimes I probably wouldn't suffer much emotional distress from being eaten either, so who knows.

They certainly think they do (where their ass is located).

Erkki if I was going to eat an animal it would probably be either fish, or chicken. I've had loads of chickens, they don't have a clue. From experience I'd say it's probably easier to raise and slaughter chickens without causing them distress than it is to raise cows/horses/pigs. Pigs know what's going on. Chickens can't tell their arse from their elbow.

EDIT: I haven't ever slaughtered animals, I'm only going on having watched them and many other types of animal interact with each other and the world for many years, to draw that conclusion. Based on the coherency of my own posts sometimes I probably wouldn't suffer much emotional distress from being eaten either, so who knows.

I know you were sort of joking with your edit about the coherency of your own posts, but it is a good point: there are plenty of people who don't know their arse from their elbow, namely infants and people with mental disabilities, so clearly there's got to be something more than "knowing your arse from your elbow" that makes it the case that it's not okay for people to eat you (or it's okay to eat babies, which I suppose is also possible).

I know you were sort of joking with your edit about the coherency of your own posts, but it is a good point: there are plenty of people who don't know their arse from their elbow, namely infants and people with mental disabilities, so clearly there's got to be something more than "knowing your arse from your elbow" that makes it the case that it's not okay for people to eat you (or it's okay to eat babies, which I suppose is also possible).

I know, that's a discussion I was having with someone today. I feel uncomfortable assuming that something is more okay to eat than something else, just because I identify less well with the way it behaves.

Would you rather eat Stephen Hawking or a drunken fool eating discarded chips from a pool of vomit on the street, at 2am on Saturday night?

Well there's not much meat to 'im, is there?

And is this drunken man of the heavyset sort, or is he the skinny, stringy kind? Maybe a veteran what's got some muscle that just won't deteriorate no matter how hard he tries? What he's eating makes no difference, really, considering the shit pigs will eat!

I uh gave this too much thought didn't I.

Well there's not much meat to 'im, is there?

And is this drunken man of the heavyset sort, or is he the skinny, stringy kind? Maybe a veteran what's got some muscle that just won't deteriorate no matter how hard he tries? What he's eating makes no difference, really, considering the shit pigs will eat!

I uh gave this too much thought didn't I.

Or not enough thought! The question maybe isn't "what would taste better" but "what is it okay to eat?" Only in this case replace the drunk guy with a drunk pig, perhaps.

How is the answer to that question not obvious to you people? Screw the drunk guy having more meat or already being marinated, if you eat Hawking you might gain his power. I'd eat a dude if it made me able to decode the universe.

Salka's sudden anti-chicken leanings are hilarious to me, though. Dumb chickens deserve what they get!

I'm just saying, if I HAD to eat an animal, if I was forced at gunpoint or had to choose between my child or an animal, I'd go for the chicken because they're fucking stupid.

Child is a bad example because I'd go for any animal over my own child. So let's say, if I had to choose between shooting an animal or shooting One Direction, I'd choose... actually... hmm....