Sign in to follow this  
Takhea

Slender- psychological horror at its finest

Hi guys, first topic etc etc

So last weekend we organized a horror game night at a friends apartment, with games like Amnesia, Aliens vs Predator 2 and Dead Space. But there was one other game, that would end up blowing them all away, Slender.

So what is Slender? It's a free experimental horror game made by one single guy when trying to learn to code in Unity. The game has only one goal, you must find all 8 pages placed in the forest you are trapped in, it's the only way to get out. But there is something in there with you, always seeing you, hunting you. I don't think you should know more but instead experience it with absolutely no expectations like we did and you will have a great experience. Just make sure to use headphones and play at night.

You can download the game for free from here: http://www.slenderga...x.php?page=game

Downloaded this a little while ago, but I have yet to play it. I did a deep dive into the Slenderman stuff at some point last year, and some of it (especially the Marble Hornets series) can get pretty unnerving. It also didn't help that at the time I was working evenings and was walking six blocks to a bus stop through dark neighborhoods around midnight.

Why do I get the feeling half the new people are just viral advertisers.

My thoughts exactly!

My thoughts exactly!

I sure hope not. I like to think Thumbs is free of that stuff. Maybe that's naive of me.

Well I'm sorry if it came across that way but I wanted to "advertise" a game that I think not a lot of people have played but definitely should.

I've heard great things about Slender, and love Marble Hornets*. Game's been sitting on my computer for a while now. I just don't know if I'm ready to be scared! :o

*Although it's basically morphed into Scooby Doo over the past year or so.

Ah, this'll be the thing I saw in an ABadFeeling video last week. I think some of the surprise is ruined for me, but I'll give it a go. It looked pretty fucking spooky, from what I saw, and reminded me a bit of the game of SCP-087.

Based on this suggestion my group of friends gave it a try.

They guy in the hotseat literally fell backwards at the first sight of the slender.

Then we died and F4'd.

I don't think free Unity game developers can afford viral advertisers...

Who says they would be getting paid? Not hard for a developer to just casually do it on their own.

With that said, it looks like a neat game, so I'm not complaining and maybe I just mistrust all strangers to an unhealthy degree.