GameDreamer

Thirty Flights of Loving

It was great, but I wish that Puffin Mode had enabled Blumcats.

Had an issue with the game crashing, though. When I hit the mid-game load point, it froze on a black screen, and I had to kill it with the Task Manager. It happened twice more, at the same load point. I got a bit annoyed at having to re-set my graphics and mouse sensitivity because of the crashes, so I started it up, set them, quit, and started it up again. After that, no crashes. Played through the entire thing twice, normal and then Puffin Mode, without any other problems.

Thank you so much for posting this. I had the same issue.

Also:

So a girl invites you up. You've both had a bit too much to drink. She's on the bed. You stare at her, eating one orange after another, throwing the peels on the floor.

And this:

http://cloud.steampo...E37738E346A708/

I'm glad I'm not the only one who did that, brkl.

I love that I could. So good.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who did that, brkl.

I love that I could. So good.

I hung onto one of them until after falling through the grate. I love the narrative that implies. It's been, what, weeks? Months?

I hung onto one of them until after falling through the grate. I love the narrative that implies. It's been, what, weeks? Months?

Heh, I did that, too!

More games need peelable oranges.

The story (spoilers for Thirty Flights of Loving and Gravity Bone):

The first couple of times I booted the game, it went straight to the bar/hideout. The third time, I got to see a newspaper article first. Was I supposed to see that the first time or was it unlocked by me beating the game? In any case the article reveals that Thirty Flights of Loving is a Citizen Abel adventure, as was Gravity Bone.

There are three possibilities as to what happened at the airport: (a) Anita (the Confectioner) betrayed Borgers (the Best Man), ( B) Borges betrayed Anita, or © they were attacked by a third person (the Red Lady?). Since Abel decides to rescue Borges, we can assume that his life is more important to him than Anita's, regardless of their romantic relationship. As to who shot first, I think it makes slightly more sense that it was Borges, since Anita is trapped in that little corner with no path to escape. Blowing people away and getting away with it is the Red Lady's specialty, though...

There are two road accidents in the game, one on the motorcycle and another in the escape from the airport. Since Anita and Borges are healthy (and not trying to kill each-other) in the former, we can assume that it happened first and the latter happened afterwards. Of course, the world of Citizen Abel has shown that hails of bullets and car crashes are not necessarily fatal.

I think the Anita died in the motorcycle accident, and that many of her appearances in the game are actually the Red Lady. This is implied when you see her beckoning you to get in bed with her, not Anita. Why doesn't Abel try to save Anita at the airport? Maybe I'm reading too much into those hearts on the motorcycle ride, but I think it makes sense that that woman isn't Anita at all.

If there is any continuity between the games I think the events of TFoL must have happened first. Why, do you ask, does Abel not recognize the Red Lady in Gravity Bone? He's probably slept with hundreds of women. Or, maybe GB happened before TFoL, and Abel doesn't recognize the Red Lady at the party because he has amnesia. I think I'm just going to give myself a headache if I keep pursing this so I'm going to give up.

One last thing: in the fall off the balcony at the end of Gravity Bone I think I see Anita! Her face flashes on screen for a brief moment, and then in the final shot there she is as runner 99!

I thought that it's possible that

you betray them. I have no real reason to think this other than it cutting to Anita pointing the gun at you and that after you complete the game and you can look at the signs with the credits, there's a tiny card somewhere that mentions turning people in. So at least someone betrayed some other people.

Oh man that was an awesome experience.

The music is great and the Puffin mode blew my mind. :)

I kind of was hoping that:

The wanted posters would show Goldblum's face and name and some "secret" information, but no.

Also I was kind of scared before the wedding party as I was already imagining that the cats would have Jeff Goldblum's face. Maybe it's a good thing the cats didn't have his face.

Seems others noticed the Red Lady also, I was absolutely sure that was the enemy from Gravity Bone.

So cool with all the small references at the airport, I didn't see the Horsebag ad, but I did see Baboo and the third-person ********* Ultraboost.

Also the plans for the horse(bag) terminal extension was hilarious at the hideout!

So cool with all the small references at the airport, I didn't see the Horsebag ad, but I did see Baboo

Those are the same ad. Above the word "Baboo" is an x-ray image of a horse inside a purse. Horse + Bag. Visual puns, y'all!

Iosef Stalin - thanks for the heads-up. I'll check out the turnstile bug.

Korax - latest update should resolve the level-load crash issue.

kosikutioner - latest update should fix the graphics artifacts on the insane rainbow car.

feelthedarkness - El Topo is totally boss.

FesteDaFool - I love love love it.

HPopper - I'll check that out. Sounds like a missing image.

The story (spoilers for Thirty Flights of Loving and Gravity Bone):

I assume you betrayed Anita or at least suspects you and Borges, which is why she was basically telling you to f off.

By the way, the copyright says MMXI in two places even though the game was released in 2012?

I noticed Steam downloaded a 550.6 KB and 548.9 KB update to the game today. Seems there's a new nice title screen that I didn't have before.

By the way, the game crashed twice when I tried changing the default resolution and put some anisotropic filter to use, it just got stuck and I had to close it with Task Manager. So in the end I just played it with the default settings.

The first time I played Gravity Bone was during midterms of my last semester as an undergraduate. I have a pretty terrible habit when I'm pulling all-nighters, which is my diet consists almost entirely of oranges and tea.

When I came across the box of oranges, I initially felt like it must have been some sort of reference to Gravity Bone, but it's was just a wonderful bit of serendipity. Naturally, I proceeded to eat a dozen oranges while staring up at the paper lanterns.

Maybe drink something other than tea. Buddy of mine gave himself a kidney stone from drinking nothing but tea for 2 months. You can overdo anything, even water with leaves in it.

I never finished gravity bone, as I kept getting a crash to desktop bug. Am I supposed to know anything from it? I played through twice, once in puffin mode and I'm not sure were people are seeing anything about a red lady.

Played through it again... Noticed & loved the staircase repairing itself. :)

Yeah, I've had the same issue. Tried to play Gravity Bone four or five times, it's always crashed early on me. I'd love to understand the hype, but oh well.

Oh, I read it as you used to have trouble with it previously (As in back in time).

I've PMed you spoilers Forbin.

Edit: no i didn't. here is a youtube playthrouhg that might help those who can't play.

kosikutioner - latest update should fix the graphics artifacts on the insane rainbow car.

Yup, fixed! Thanks

I'd also like to note the only way to play this game from here out.

1. Pickup orange

2. Bring orange with you until shootout gallery room before cop chase.

3. Eat orange in a totally cool, calm manner while chilling in a corner.

I kind of liked insane rainbow car. ):

I created a few Steam banners, if anyone wants to use them.

PRZMt.jpg

A few alternates;

u2TNT.jpg

pHeJE.jpg

YYEiw.jpg

I'd also like to note the only way to play this game from here out.

1. Pickup orange

2. Bring orange with you until shootout gallery room before cop chase.

3. Eat orange in a totally cool, calm manner while chilling in a corner.

I don't know. I was fond of...

2012-07-19_00001.jpg

So good!

Just too many little things that all culminate in just a funny, sweet and beautiful game.

Some things I loved:

Borges pseudonyms on the wanted poster

Eating oranges. I actually had to go and play it again as I didn't notice it the first time.

Pushing ducks

Picking up all the weapons and ammo in the hideout

Baboo horse bag!

The lorum ipsum in the poster for the band. I forget what band was called but it made me chuckle also.

I love being thrown in to the museum from the car crash.

The character introductions. Super stylish!

The numbers station on the hideout radio. I'd love to know if this is real numbers station audio?

Also, the music, great job Chris! Will the soundtrack be available at all?

Also, the music, great job Chris! Will the soundtrack be available at all?

Hopefully it will be available on Steam as part of a bundle with the game, or separately for people who already own the game.