GameDreamer

Thirty Flights of Loving

Just redeemed the code in Steam, but I really should be going to bed.

Damn you, Thumbs.

I also got drunk and had sex with Jeff Goldblum. I also recorded my first time playing through in puffin mode and I think it turned out pretty well. It's rendering out now and then I'll upload it to youtube. I'll keep it unlisted so it doesn't spoil everything for everyone but would anyone have a problem if I posted it here? It's not the whole game but it's most of it. Or is it too soon for that sort of thing?

I just played through it really quick. Going to do so again shortly. Thumbs related: loved the music, and that an ad in the airport was for Third Person ********* UltraBoost. Good stuff. Also just a cool little experimental game thing in general. I liked it a lot.

That was cool, although my PC bugged out and showed every texture as pink in the

car chase scene

I too, got drunk and had sex with Jeff Goldblum.

That was cool, although my PC bugged out and showed every texture as pink in the

car chase scene

I think that was intentional, it looked the same for me both times I played it.

I thought it was intentional, and thought the z fighting thing was as well. Also, on my second playthrough I noticed the horsebag ad in the airport. Fucking great. I want that on a t shirt or something.

I thought that as well for a while, but it does some weird Z fighting that is very rarely intentional.

Z-fighting is probably not intentional, but the pink is.

Hmmm... strange. Either way, I thought it looked neat. :P

Also, the

grid pattern texture on the orange was a nice touch, hopefully that was intentional because it has a certain charm to it.

I though the pink thing was glitch and email them about it... Ooops?

But I am having issues, the game seems to crash at the loading point in Puffin Mode, but I can complete in normal mode.

The graphic glitches that happen right after the pink glitch where so bad I had to quit and reload, but I just ignored it in the end.

At first I thought the "flights" part was about the flight of stairs you climbed, not the exhibition at the end.

It was pretty cruel to send it during my night time. I got an email this morning saying "here's your code to an awesome game, now off to work with you".

No Mac version

Time to add this to the pile of 50+ games purchased on Steam that I can't play!

But I did know that going in. I don't have a record player, don't wear t-shirts, and don't have any good place to hang artwork, either, so all these Kickstarter rewards will go to waste!

I'm glad I live in an age where someone can say "I just got drunk and had sex with Jeff Goldblum" and no one bats an eye.

DMorsing, miffy495, Tanukitsune - can you send me a screenshot of the Z fighting issue/graphics funkiness? I'm at [email protected]

Also, what video cards are you all using, and are you on laptops?

DMorsing -

The pink car chase is intentionally pink.

GameDreamer -

When you rip open an orange, it leaves that skin residue behind. I struggled to draw that a few times before rage-flipping my desk over and going with an abstracted checkerboard.

Super fun and loved the theme. Must go back and play though Gravity Bone again, but really dug the snappiness and intrigue of this.

Curious about a couple of the Canadian themes in there, but was happy to check out all the little details.

GameDreamer -

When you rip open an orange, it leaves that skin residue behind. I struggled to draw that a few times before rage-flipping my desk over and going with an abstracted checkerboard.

Oh man, yeah, I can imagine that would be a pain in the ass. What methods did you try? Or do you mean literally hand-drawing the residue texture?

What methods did you try? Or do you mean literally hand-drawing the residue texture?

My first attempt was a flowing organic pattern, like how cells look like under a microscope.

Then I tried a stained-glass window look, with big bold lines.

Then I tried a hand-drawn look, represented by cross-hatch patterns.

Eventually I ended up with the grid pattern. All that for an orange you see for a few seconds.

My first attempt was a flowing organic pattern, like how cells look like under a microscope.

Then I tried a stained-glass window look, with big bold lines.

Then I tried a hand-drawn look, represented by cross-hatch patterns.

Eventually I ended up with the grid pattern. All that for an orange you see for a few seconds.

Haha, that's awesome as hell. The grid pattern really fits the overall tone of the game for some reason, but I can't put my finger on why. It's little things like this that make it really special.

Also this:

2012-07-19_00008.jpg

What a great experience! Loved the use of quick scenes to piece together a story.

Seeing Jeff Goldblum staring longingly into the night was a plus too.