Sign in to follow this  
Sean

Idle Thumbs Progresscast #16

Woah now, let's not be too hasty with that strikethrough!

RUINATIONCAST: You will have the right to demand a topic we must discuss on the final Progresscast. Use this power wisely.

Is the ruinationcast going to take place between now and the 18th, or are you holding off on it until the site launches? Because you should totally do it this Saturday. For reals.

So happy you guys are coming to PAX. I actually asked if you were going to make it as part of my runitation question, so it's super nice to have it confirmed now.

Woah now, let's not be too hasty with that strikethrough!

Is the ruinationcast going to take place between now and the 18th, or are you holding off on it until the site launches? Because you should totally do it this Saturday. For reals.

So happy you guys are coming to PAX. I actually asked if you were going to make it as part of my runitation question, so it's super nice to have it confirmed now.

Ruinationcast will come when the new site's launch is imminent, which realistically is still probably a month or two away. We didn't want to keep pushing the real podcast back for that stuff so we're just decoupling them.

I'm like an hour and a half outside of Dallas, but Quakecon is out of the question for me.

That Spelunky discussion, by the way, makes me jealous the PC version can't do any of that. Sooooooooo good though, those stories.

Ruinationcast will come when the new site's launch is imminent, which realistically is still probably a month or two away. We didn't want to keep pushing the real podcast back for that stuff so we're just decoupling them.

Same with the Bookcast I presume?

I'm like an hour and a half outside of Dallas, but Quakecon is out of the question for me.

That Spelunky discussion, by the way, makes me jealous the PC version can't do any of that. Sooooooooo good though, those stories.

I think all of the game dynamics stuff they mentioned was in the PC version, it's just missing the co-op play... which sounds fantastic.

I think all of the game dynamics stuff they mentioned was in the PC version, it's just missing the co-op play... which sounds fantastic.

Yeah but the multiplayer experience is what made the discussion what it was.

Yeah but the multiplayer experience is what made the discussion what it was.

True, but they mentioned a couple of times not being sure if something was in the original game, and I think in pretty much every instance it was, so I just wanted to clarify that.

The discussion on this Progresscast that mentioned the Half-Life demo totally took me back. I got it on a disc from an issue of CGW magazine and it was called Half-Life: Uplink, and somehow I remember it being a canon scenario but I could be totally wrong.

There were a metric ton of shipping containers though.

Was this cast in stereo or are my ears imagining things?

I was waiting for someone to bust out the grizzled prospector "Speeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeelunky" in the absence of Hot Scoops.

I'm hugely excited for the full return of Thumbs. Tup!

True, but they mentioned a couple of times not being sure if something was in the original game, and I think in pretty much every instance it was, so I just wanted to clarify that.

Oh yeah for sure, everything else mentioned is in the PC version. The arrow trap thing, by the way, I think if you train your eye carefully to look at the ground you can spot the floor triggers. Though it sounds like Sean knows to watch for them and Jake is that guy who just walks along whistling.

Oh, here's my first question to idle thumbs dot net... on the forum... You guys should totally talk about Afterlife, since Sean brought it up on Twitter last night and forced my hand in playing it again. Even though I've already had it installed.

Oh yeah for sure, everything else mentioned is in the PC version. The arrow trap thing, by the way, I think if you train your eye carefully to look at the ground you can spot the floor triggers. Though it sounds like Sean knows to watch for them and Jake is that guy who just walks along whistling.

Oh, here's my first question to idle thumbs dot net... on the forum... You guys should totally talk about Afterlife, since Sean brought it up on Twitter last night and forced my hand in playing it again. Even though I've already had it installed.

In Spelunky arrow traps just automatically sense anything on a horizontal plane with them out to a certain range, about a screen width or a bit less. I think you might be thinking of another game (perhaps Terraria?)

Fascinated to find out what happens at QuakeCon. I dunno, that might be worth a trip now that there is at least one thing to see, but everything else seems strange and confusing.

In Spelunky arrow traps just automatically sense anything on a horizontal plane with them out to a certain range, about a screen width or a bit less. I think you might be thinking of another game (perhaps Terraria?)

You're right. Just opened the game to test it out and yeah. I remembered there being a way to trigger traps early / not trigger them at all. Turns out throwing things in their path does that.

Half-Life: Uplink is installed on my PC at this very moment. I should play it again sometime soon.

Pretty shocked and excited about the QuakeCon panel. I had long given up seeing any live panels that aren't located near an ocean. If it doesn't live up to the hype I'm going to be so disappointed!

I went ahead and bought Offspring Fling since it was on sale on Steam. It's pretty cool, thanks Chris!

I really have to know what this Tijuana snake finger pinching box for kids is.

I was expecting something much more dangerous.

I was expecting something much more dangerous.
I imagine Sean and Chris were as well.