toblix

Steam Summer Sale 2012

Same, I voted in every single community choice so it obviously decided to not count some of them. Maybe because I didn't vote for anything by Valve, the bastards.

Odd. I am having an issue with that unlocking too. Considering the stupid amount of money that I spent, and how much I am sure my hard drive hates me for installing them all, I was kind of hoping that would unlock for me.

Total War: SHogun 2

Crusader Kings II

Warlock master of the Arcane

Batman Arkham City

Fallout 3 GOTY

Metro 2033

EYE

Dungeon Defenders

Warhammer 40l + some stuff

Quantum Conundrum

Galactic Civ II

Double Fine Bundle

All I picked up was Payday and Dear Esther for $7.50 total, the deals were pretty weak this year. I loved the summer tickets that they did last year, easily got me to buy at least $10 worth of games that I otherwise would have skipped, just to get tickets for them.

I almost bought this without trying the demo, but decided to try the demo first and discovered it was terrible.

Does anyone know if there's a point to those badges, or are they just kinda there?

Currently, there's no point to the Summer Sale one other than to make it the number one priority of people like myself to check in on the sale constantly to make sure I vote on everything.

If you look at the more general badge, there's one for activating Steam Guard, and ones for using all sorts of Steam functionality they want people to know about, like screenshots and Facebook linking.

I've been lost in Consoleland for the past few months, so I bought, errr, a "little" too much stuff.

Rayman Origins

Crusader Kings II

Bioshock 2

Qube

The Walking Dead

Spec Ops The Line (ROW)

Alan Wake Bundle (Summer 2012)

Driver: San Francisco

Insanely Twisted Shadow Planet

Prince of Persia Complete Pack

Age of Empires III: Complete Collection

Kane and Lynch 2 - Dog Days

Blocks That Matter

Offspring Fling!

$140. And this was me trying not to go overboard.

As previously mentioned but with a single addition:

Driver: San Francisco

EYE: Divine Cybermancy

Payday: The Heist

Trine 2

Not bad, but unfortunately the Steam Summer Sale happened to coincide with a series of issues cropping up with my motherboard that makes it impossible to play most games for any extended period of time. So, instead of having exercised a high degree of self-control and spending less than $20 this time around, I ended up spending around $450 to buy some parts to make my PC a gaming machine yet again. Meh.

Dear itissubbes,

Thank you for your recent purchase on Steam.

Secret of the Magic Crystals 1.25 USD

:getmecoat

• Batman: Arkham City + DLC
  • The Binding of Isaac
  • Costume Quest *
  • Dungeon Defenders
  • Krater
  • L4D2
  • LIMBO
  • Psychonauts *
  • Rayman Origins
  • Recettear: An Item Shop's Tale
  • Renegade Ops
  • Shoot Many Robots
  • Stacking *
  • Splinter Cell: Conviction
  • Trine 2
  • VVVVVV
  • Indie Game: The movie

* part of double fine bundle

Not sure exactly what deal was what, but a lot of them were 75% off

• Total War 2: Fall of the Samurai
  • Super Street Fighter 4: Arcade Edition
  • Frozen Synapse Red DLC
  • Payday The Heist 4-pack
  • Frozen Synapse Soundtrack
  • Fray
  • Men of War Collection
  • Risen 2 Bundle
  • Space Empires IV
  • Dungeon Defenders Collection
  • Age of Empires 3

I got off pretty light and surprisingly heavy. Most of those are just getting the games in question on Steam (why I would do that makes me think I'm crazy), but it's still a surprising amount of purchasing since I pretty much own everything I want on Steam.

Id be interested in playing some Payday with other forum people, since the game otherwise seems fairly dead online.

I'm down, once my computer is back up to snuff. That'd be probably... one to two weeks from now, depending on how fast my parts arrive and how motivated I am.

Dear itissubbes,

Thank you for your recent purchase on Steam.

Secret of the Magic Crystals 1.25 USD

:getmecoat

This makes me very happy and I'm not sure why. Enjoy your demon steeds!

Also, with all the stuff that I bought, what I've played the most this week is Portal 2 co-op, as a friend of mine picked it up on sale and wanted someone to play with. Beat the whole thing for the second time with him. Man, still a really good game.

Risen 2 had a sale? Aargh

Yeah, but I think it was just 33%? I'll wait till it's cheaper on the next sale.

Only games I bought from the sale were Terraria (tons of fun to play with friends and siblings), and E.Y.E. Divine Cybermancy. I'm still not sure about the latter one. I played through the demo three times. It got a little less confusing the more I played it, but all the more compelling. I guess time will tell if I regret the purchase. I'm by no means expecting a perfect, smooth or non-confusing game, so maybe something will come of it.

I didn't buy a ton this year, just the following:

• Gratuitous Tank Battles
  • Amnesia The Dark Descent
  • SPAZ
  • Indie Game the Movie

Currently, there's no point to the Summer Sale one other than to make it the number one priority of people like myself to check in on the sale constantly to make sure I vote on everything.

If you look at the more general badge, there's one for activating Steam Guard, and ones for using all sorts of Steam functionality they want people to know about, like screenshots and Facebook linking.

I will praise Steam Guard until the day I die.

During the sale I kept getting emails that someone was trying to log in. This isn't a big deal because I will randomly log on at my parents house if I go to visit to play something low impact on their PC. I thought that it was just them probably restarting the computer and that I had set it to auto login or something. After the third time I got paranoid and changed the password. The next day my Origin account got hacked. They changed my name and contact information so after an hour talking to customer service I had to get my account back by giving them the serial number to a game I had linked to the account.

If that had happened to my steam account I would have lost my mind.

Also picked up Saints Row 2 a minute ago, had a 75% reduction or something, so only 2,50 euros.

And I received my badge for voting every day. \o/

I didn't get the vote every day badge =(

And I cannot believe the Steam Summer Sale is ended =(((

I got my badge so that clearly makes me better than you. :smugface:

I only bought one item. The Binding of Isaac expansion for EIGHTY-FOUR CENTS. I wish I could've bought more, but I just can't justify it with my currently-negative income. ):

The only other game I spent any real time considering was Combined Operations so I could play Day Z, but then apparently that's going to come out as a standalone game, so I don't need to get Combined Operations!

total damage:

gratuitous tank battles

civ v: gods & kings

walking dead

dream machine bundle

might & magic: clash of heroes

all for less than full price for a brand new AAA title. Not bad.

Would have liked to have seen endless space go on discount, but I guess it's too new.

Ended up with:

Crusader Kings II

L.A. Noire

Saints Row the Third

Just Cause 2

Trine 2

and I thought I wouldn't buy anything in this sale...