toblix

Steam Summer Sale 2012

Oh sweet, Rock of Ages, I've meant to buy that for ever and finally have.

Splinter Cell Conviction is 5 bucks for the next two hours. After listening to some of the cool sounding adventures on the thumbs cast I'm very tempted to try this with a friend.

I very much enjoyed Conviction, both the single-player campaign and co-op with my brother. $5 is a steal.

Yeah, definitely worth 5 dollars. Except maybe for the hardcore oldschool Splinter Cell fans.

Does Conviction have horrible torture scenes?

Not in a war setting, but yeah. Fisher does at least beat people up to get them to tell him things, if I remember rightly.

The interrogations are very Bond/Bourne style in that the room is frequently ruined, along with the interogatees face/internal organs.

Not in a war setting, but yeah. Fisher does at least beat people up to get them to tell him things, if I remember rightly.

edit: Realized that comment might have been a spoiler...

And a women who has been helping him throughout the game!

I'd say it's not so much "torture" as it is "brutally beating someone for a couple minutes." Violent, but not necessarily disgusting or gruesome.

Dark Messiah of Might and Magic is only 33% off (<$7), which is a bit stingy for an old game, but its one of my absolute favorite sleeper hits. It was panned when it came out for bad performance and bugs, but its pretty playable now. It takes advantage of the source engines pretty particle effects and facial animations and I think it has a very compelling story.

The fighting is also very unique for RPGs. It also does a great job of making you feel like a badass when you clear a room of fools quickly, and dosent fall to combat fatigue like Skyrim/Oblivion (or; it dosent involve shooting guys nonstop). I think its definitely worth a try.

Picked up Driver: San Francisco and EYE: Divine Cybermancy (the latter due to some reccomendations here) earlier today. Now I'm going to buy Payday: The Heist, which I'm very glad I held up patience for as it just now hit $5 in seemingly the last day of the sale.

I got all three of the main Dawn of War 2 games for £7.50 - even already owning vanilla DoW2, it was still a great deal. I plan to do coop campaigns with Dibs and another friend of mine, but I'd also be very interested in playing the Last Stand mode with people. Everyone loves cooperative survival modes!

I read about that last stand mode a while back and loved the idea.

DoubleFine Bundle on sale at the moment. nearly forgot to get Stacking!

Since the sale is pretty much finished now, what did everyone buy?

£1.73 - Binding of Isaac bundle 75% off

£3.74 - Orcs Must Die! GOTY 75% off

£1.74 - Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic 75% off

£1.49 - Hitman: Blood Money 75% off

£3.24 - Mirror's Edge 75% off

£4.99 - Grand Theft Auto complete pack 75% off

£1.99 - Burnout Paradise 80% off

£3.39 - Batman: Arkham Asylum GOTY 66% off

£1.49 - Garry's Mod 75% off

£23.80 in total

I was expecting to spend more, but quite a few things on my list never showed up. Probably a good thing.

only bought Saints Row The Third with all DLC for 75% off.

I was hoping for a better deal on Max Payne 3, and maybe Half-Life 3. Did get Amnesia, Dead Island, Crusader Kings 2 and Spec Ops, though.

I didn't get the "vote every day" thingy. But as far as I know I did vote every day.

I have too many unplayed games, so I only got a few this time:

Thief Gold

Thief II

BioShock 2

QUBE

Scratches

I didn't get the "vote every day" thingy. But as far as I know I did vote every day.

Same, I voted in every single community choice so it obviously decided to not count some of them. Maybe because I didn't vote for anything by Valve, the bastards.

Ok, so:

Insanely Twisted Shadow Planet

Botanicula

Tiny and Big: Grandpa's Leftovers

Stacking

Binary Domain

COD:BLOPS

Dear Esther

COD:MW3

The Walking Dead

QUBE

Legend of Grimrock

Pixeljunk Eden

Max Payne 3

I guess that could have been worse. Most were <$15. Hell, most were around $5. Only two that were over $20. I guess I did ok. Don't want to look at my next credit card statement though.

And as for "vote every day", I found out that the sale had started on the second day, so poo.