toblix

Steam Summer Sale 2012

Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit is on sale for the community choice. I have it on the 360 but didn't play a ton of it... for some reason the fact that it is 5 dollars is making it oddly hard to not re-buy for the PC...

That picture probably offends people who were abused as children.

I skipped out on the $14 GTA pack and now I feel bad. Im thinking about Dragon Age or Torchlight.

I skipped out on the $14 GTA pack and now I feel bad. Im thinking about Dragon Age or Torchlight.

I picked that up. I've always felt annoyed with myself that I never completed the story missions for III or VC. Played six hours of III so far and I'm really enjoying it. The HQ textures mod makes the game look really good.

The Thief and STALKER packages if you somehow don't already own all those games.

The sales keep shifting so I've no idea if it's still cheap right now, but I picked up Might & Magic Clash of Heroes for $3.74.

I had been holding out for a version for iphone, but at that price, I won't mind too much buying it again when that version comes out.

Games under $5 you gotta get:

Pixel Junk Eden

E.Y.E Divine Cybermancy

Rock of Ages

STALKER Shadow of Chernobyl and/or Call of Pripyat

the first Men of War game (if it hits a sale again)

Wow. Thief Gold on sale? Instabuy. I didn't even know it was available digitally.

Wow. Thief Gold on sale? Instabuy. I didn't even know it was available digitally.

GOG has all 3, and Steam just recently got them.

Imagine if Deus Ex 1 was made by Russian Bloc devs who were actually French, in the Source engine.

Care to sell me on this one? I got it in one of the Indie packs with no intention of ever playing it.

Ive spent a lot of time playing that game, and all I can tell you is that its unexplainable. It takes influences from branching story lines, RPG leveling, and emergent gameplay. It takes the most incoherent gameplay mechanics of Metro 2033 and the STALKER series, and makes them even more incoherent.

It tells a story influenced by classic religious allegories that gives you some choice in the development of the story, but never makes it very obvious that youve done anything. But most importantly it lets you feel like a champion when you actually understand whats going on.

All of the weirdness is framed in a very fun fast-paced FPS/RPG that plays kinda like the Shadowrun Xbox 360 game (as far as the merging of of weapons/magic/and tech is concerned), which makes the weirdness much more bearable, because even when your confused you are still enjoying whats happening on screen. If you liked Deus Ex (new or old), STALKER, Metro 2033, Far Cry 2, or even Hitman, I think you will like this. Play at least two hours to get into it. Its wacky, its russian, its fun.

I really regret buying Fortune Summoners at 75%, the style is adorable, the story is good, but the gameplay... :tdown:

I wouldn't call it challenging, I'd call it frustrating. The enemies AI is just a nightmare, if you attack with a ranged attack they will jump over it 90% of the time and counter with their own if they can, if you use a short range attack it can pretty hard to land a hit too and I was playing on easy, which I guess only effects the damage? Except it doesn't seem that much.

The enemies do too much damage considering how slow the healing is and the inventory limit and did I mention there is a limit to leveling? You have to pick up a item to be able to gain a new level and it doesn't seem to do much to you overall stats.

And don't even get me started on the bats and bees. :frusty:

The worst part? It only gets annoying after the demo part, so if I bought the demo, I would have liked it enough to buy the full game. At least for what I've payed I got enough out of the game.