toblix

Steam Summer Sale 2012

I've been watching a

... haven't really been following this game, but is anyone interested in doing some multi-thumbs is this goes cheaper than the current $10? I'm tentatively interested.

I dunno, I'm pretty belligerent when it comes to EA's Origin service, especially when they make bullish (read: dumbass) statements about not "devaluing their content" through sales and using the service as an excuse not to make the content available widely through Steam. That said, I'll still use it when it comes to getting the games I want at the level of convenience or price I want. Case in point - I recently bought Syndicate for $12.50 on PC, because I'd much rather play it with m&k and not have to deal with a physical copy laying around my house. Sure, I think Origin is a piece of garbage and I'd much rather have it on Steam, but I'm not going to let that stop me from playing a game I'm really interested in.

Impulse is pretty terrible. I downloaded it to play Sins of Solar Empire and got a couple games through sales on it. It is slow, loves to throw pop-ups randomly out there when it is running in the background, and my roommate has an issue that they won't let him install something he bought on disc without the disc, even though he actived through that service. So four years after he bought Sins to play against me he can't download it, even though the service knows he owns and it and will show him the serial number.

I haven't had much issues with GFWL. Well, except that it's quite slow logging in, and sometimes it forgets me so I have to log in again. The most annoying part is that it logs in every time you start the game. It's a shame a lot of game don't use the offline saving functionality of GFWL (i.e. being able to play and save the game without being logged in).

I think I will finally give Saints Row: The Third a shot. Are any of the DLC packs worth getting?

I think I will finally give Saints Row: The Third a shot. Are any of the DLC packs worth getting?

For 75% off the season pass is worth a look. They aren't wonderful but there could totally be an argument made for them all being five dollars.

Payday could be good, but it's not. It's a bad shooter where you murder about a thousand police officers for a bit of money in each map.

If you haven't tried Saints Row the Third you can play a trial version (presumably sans DLC?) on the Gakai website. Someone on the steam forums suggested it when it first went up for sale, it takes about 5 minutes to start it up from within your browser.

hero_980x439.jpg

Is it me or does the guy in the middle sort of resemble someone.... lol

OK FINE if y'all are goin to put walking dead on a daily deal I GUESS I WILL HAVE TO BUY IT. Geez. Twist that rubber arm some more whydontchya.

Yeah, me too. I've never read the comic or seen the show, but an acclaimed Telltale adventure from Famous and Video Games? Fuck, ok, you've got me.

As for Saint's Row, I've played through all the DLC packs and liked them well enough. I feel like they probably would have been better if I'd played them while going through the campaign rather than after I'd finished it, so if you're going in to the whole thing green maybe give them a shot. Trouble With Clones and Gangstas in Space are both fun side stories, while the Genkibowl stuff is forgettable but fun enough as an extra set of activities.

Ugh since it's on sale and my husband is working on it I suppose I should buy ittttttt

Payday could be good, but it's not. It's a bad shooter where you murder about a thousand police officers for a bit of money in each map.

I found it to be the opposite.

It's a fun co-op game where you scout out the most optimal place to hold and guard a group of hostages with one or two people, while the other three or two people go actually complete the objectives. It's different from L4D because it actually encourages you split up to complete objectives, rather than stick together as much as possible.

Unfortunately, it does share the same flaw as Killing Floor: playing for hours and hours and hours to unlock everything. PERKS. What a shit idea. Even worse here because you only start out with two weapons (some weak machine gun and a silenced pistol) and don't unlock a third until Rep Level ELEVEN what is that shit. At least it's a shotgun.

Been playing it this whole weekend. It's like GTA Vice City and San Andreas. I think it's fun. Bought the DLC because it was also cheap. Note that those non-game DLC contains some cheating stuff, like a tank and a vtol. So it's a bit cheating by buying them.

I'm kind of mad because I bought Walking Dead for $19 two days ago and it just got discounted further. I'm not that mad though, because it's only a few dollars more and it's totally amazing and well worth it.

All the Hotman games are really cheap on Steam now, if you're into killing people. You get all three games for almost nothing.

an_spinning_flaming_skull.gifWARNING: NO S&M NUNSan_spinning_flaming_skull.gif

HOTMAN.

Now that's a game I'd buy!

All three (out of four) Hitman games for cheap!

I get that Contracts isn't as well liked as the other installments, but I wonder why it isn't sold anywhere.

Oh man, I forgot that Contracts even existed.

I already own Hotman Blood Money for the Xbox 360, but never could play it because it requires some non-European tv-set output or something? Even though I have a modern tv, it just wouldn't run. Hotdamn.

I have apparently found a way to get Paypal te work, which I hope won't bite me in the ass. There is a slight weirdness going on with my living address, since I'm living in with my parents across the German border. Which is why Paypal wouldn't work - it noticed I was on German internet servers yet I had registered my address as Dutch.

Oh well, I bought Hotman Bliid Miney, so now I can see what the fuss was about.

All three (out of four) Hitman games for cheap!

I get that Contracts isn't as well liked as the other installments, but I wonder why it isn't sold anywhere.

Yeah, it's interesting how it's almost completely disappeared. I assume IO (or Eidos, maybe) wants it that way. It was primarily a remake of Codename 47, but still.

According to today's Summer Sale Group announcement, that black one with the magnifying glass is named Cyl, but that's the first I've ever seen them called anything.

And now today's update:

Now that Sir Roderick and Tappet are gone, it is time for me to hatch my plan!

OH GOD WHICH ONE IS WHICH?

I'm debating whether to get the Asssassin's Creed Collection or not, I don't own any of the games on PC and the bundle costs the same as the games I'm missing but... I kinda promised myself that I would not purchase anymore games unless it proved that it would actually end.

I don't really want to invest in what could become the "Lost of video games". Isn't there going to be TWO AC 3 games just for starters? Then again, since the series is going forward in time it is proving that it should end? Not to mention it's probably going to be hell to catch up when it actually does end.