toblix

Steam Summer Sale 2012

I finally got Trine 2.

(Where's the shamefaced smiley..?)

I finally got Trine 2.

(Where's the shamefaced smiley..?)

:campbell:

I couldn't find it. Also: Jesus I always forget how many ridiculous emoticons these forums have. Also: Trine 2 is pretty good. Sometimes it follows the philosophy of presentation over gameplay (even moreso than the first one), but goddamn is it a pretty game because of it. So I'm willing to forgive. Also: It's super fun in co-op. I wish I could've played Trine 1 like that.

I bought it ages ago but still haven't played it! Anyone looking to play some Trine 2, if I'm on Steam let me know. We can work out a thing!

I was anticipating the summer sale because I'm getting my girlfriend into civilization

I initially read this as you having a girlfriend from, like, a rural part of the country or maybe a defrosted iron age female from a glacier, that you had to introduce to modern society. Teach how to hold a fork, curtsy, that sort of thing.

I thought for a moment she was Amish.

Offspring Fling! and Dungeons of Dredmor are both 60% off for the whole duration of the sale.

I'm usually not into Video game parody/nostalgia/hommage, but that Offspring Fling trailer is great!

There's even a VHS Version.

I initially read this as you having a girlfriend from, like, a rural part of the country or maybe a defrosted iron age female from a glacier, that you had to introduce to modern society. Teach how to hold a fork, curtsy, that sort of thing.

I wish I could have miss read that statement as well as you did. You have made my day.

Kind of hoping that Tropico 4 drops in prices at some point. Loved the 3rd one, would like to pay 7.50 for in instead of 15. It just seems like one of those things they will through up as a flash deal at some point during this.

QUICK! WISH FOR ALL THE GAMES TO BE ON SALE!

Anyone have any experience with Tropico 4 and also the Modern Times expansion? Theya re 75% off atm. Just re-listening to episode 133 of 3MA & trying to decide whether to make the plunge and whether to just grab the base game or get the whole pack. Troy Goodfellowseems to talk about it in what is a not particularly glowing manner but idk what the general consensus is, ATM I think i'm just going to grab the base game.

Tropic 3 & 4 are the same game with a few extra frills. 4 does not solve 3s problem of being impossible to lose without some serious effort, nor does it solve the general repetitiveness of 3s building.

QUICK! WISH FOR ALL THE GAMES TO BE ON SALE!

I would but they kind of are, but i do wish all of them were on more of a sale. At this point I think Batman Arkham City, Civ: Gods and Kings, EDF, and Dead rising off the record are the only ones I am waiting to drop down to 75% ish area.

Batman is on sale. Does it require windows live log in to play single player?

Batman is on sale. Does it require windows live log in to play single player?

Yes.

I bought Dead Island because I assumed it has online co-op. It does, right?

I bought Dead Island because I assumed it has online co-op. It does, right?

I haven't played it, but I'm almost certain it does.

Is GFWL as bad as people say it is? I've never had to use it before, not sure if I want to start.

Is GFWL as bad as people say it is? I've never had to use it before, not sure if I want to start.

It's probably the biggest pain in the ass as far as game management (activation/login/saving) are concerned and it will get on your nerve every time you need to setup a new game.

However, if there's a great GFW game that's only available that way, you should probably go through the pain.

It's probably the biggest pain in the ass as far as game management (activation/login/saving) are concerned and it will get on your nerve every time you need to setup a new game.

However, if there's a great GFW game that's only available that way, you should probably go through the pain.

Counter-point: It's not possible to make a game good enough to make me deal with GFW.

I think I'll wait until Arkham City goes 75% off in a few months. That way if I can't deal with GFWL, it'll at least be less money wasted. I'm not in a desperate rush to play it right now anyway.

I agree with vimes. Trying to run Batman Arkham Asylum and Arkham City for the first time were my two most painful PC gaming experiences by far with a possible exception of trying to download some free DLC for the latter through GFWL. Still, I would do it all again to play these games.

I wouldn't try to install the skin pack this time, though.

Counter-point: It's not possible to make a game good enough to make me deal with GFW.

This is a retarded stance to take. Then again there are people who genuinely believe that Steam is the DRM devil, so I guess it's not that surprising.

I dunno, I'm pretty belligerent when it comes to EA's Origin service, especially when they make bullish (read: dumbass) statements about not "devaluing their content" through sales and using the service as an excuse not to make the content available widely through Steam. That said, I'll still use it when it comes to getting the games I want at the level of convenience or price I want. Case in point - I recently bought Syndicate for $12.50 on PC, because I'd much rather play it with m&k and not have to deal with a physical copy laying around my house. Sure, I think Origin is a piece of garbage and I'd much rather have it on Steam, but I'm not going to let that stop me from playing a game I'm really interested in.

It's a pain, but I suffered through it to play Dawn Of War 2, Bioshock, both Arkhams, Red Faction Guerilla, and other things that I'm sure I'm forgetting and, pain in the ass though it is, I wouldn't let it stop you. It just means that the first time you boot up a game you'll be forced to sit through several updates and it'll probably take way longer to get started than it should. After the initial clusterfuck, it's just one more log in on your way to the game. If you put up with Uplay shit, you can handle it. Especially if you have a 360 and therefore already a live account to log in to.