toblix

Steam Summer Sale 2012

I'd recommend Dark Messiah if you're at all interested in Dishonored. It has its faults, but its still very lovable.

Question of my own: if I buy Shogun 2 (10 Euros), is it absolutely essential to get the Fall of the Samurai expansion pack with that (which is kind of expensive because it's new)?

Presuming you ever get your account situation sorted out - no, vanilla Shogun and FotS are so completely different, it's not essential at all. A lot of FotS was really unintuitive even to me (an obsessive Total War player) but Shogun 2 is probably the best game in the series.

I didn't end up getting Crusader Kings back when we were talking about so I picked it up today. Still no computer, but we should try to organize a Thumb game within the next month if anyone is interested.

Oooooo.... I hadn't even considered playing it multiplayer. I'm not even sure how that would work. Would make a long game.

TELL TO ME GAMES WHICH I SHOULD BUY, AND I WILLST CONSIDER THEIR PURCHASE

I tend to buy games I want right when they come out, so these sales are a good chance to minimize the risk and try games I wouldn't normally play. What sorts of not-usual games do all of you recommend?

IQuestion of my own: if I buy Shogun 2 (10 Euros), is it absolutely essential to get the Fall of the Samurai expansion pack with that (which is kind of expensive because it's new)?

I like Fall of the Samurai as a game, but I think it's more shallow and less satisfying than the base game. Much more a power fantasy where you get to watch firearms slay samurai by the cartload. I've only replayed it twice and I'm not sure I'll ever come back, while with all the faction DLC the base Shogun 2 game seemed to have nigh infinite replayability.

Oooooo.... I hadn't even considered playing it multiplayer. I'm not even sure how that would work. Would make a long game.

I've been trying to organize a game among my department where we play the five great dukes of the Holy Roman Empire (Swabia, Franconia, Bavaria, Saxony, Lotharingia). I'm not sure about pressing it so hard, because it seems like the sort of thing that could end friendships. Still, it's a dream to make it happen someday.

I would totally be up for the occasional CK2 MP session.

TELL TO ME GAMES WHICH I SHOULD BUY, AND I WILLST CONSIDER THEIR PURCHASE

I tend to buy games I want right when they come out, so these sales are a good chance to minimize the risk and try games I wouldn't normally play. What sorts of not-usual games do all of you recommend?

Orcs Must Die! is a stupidly fun tower defence / third person shooter game. It's 50% off at the moment, but I imagine it will drop to 75% at some point. The sequel is released in a few weeks, but I can't recommend the first game enough.

I picked up might and magic clash of heroes at 75% off (~$3.75 I think) and the Dream Machine bundle at %50 off/$7.50. So wallet not hurting too bad.

What I really want/hope to see is deep cuts on Gods & Kings (measly 10% right now) and Endless Space (regular price at the moment).

PSA: If you want to buy something and it is not on special/front-page sale, wait until the last day.

It is a cosmic law that anything you buy on normal discount will go on the front page the next day.

PSA: If you want to buy something and it is not on special/front-page sale, wait until the last day.

It is a cosmic law that anything you buy on normal discount will go on the front page the next day.

Not necessarily, if the price drop is 75% and it's not a special or front page thing, it's probably not going to go any lower.

Listen to this man.

where are you guys seeing this achievement page?

It's well hidden, but it's accessible from your profile page. Just search for badge. Also, if you vote on the deal o' the day, you get a direct link right underneath.

Finding the achievements is half the fun i guess. Oh well, now it's my duty to remember to vote every day.

Also, you can add and remove your full name to your profile apparently and still get the badge.

Also, you can add and remove your full name to your profile apparently and still get the badge.

You can also post a screenshot, comment on a friend's profile/screenshot, or recommend a game and then immediately delete the post and it will still count.

Trine 2 is £3/€3.24/$3.74 on Steam for the next two and a half hours. It has online physics based puzzle co-op and I just had someone buy it for me as an early birthday present. I hope some of you will buy it too so we can engage in said online physics based puzzle co-op hijinks together!

From Dust is 75%, is the DRM still terrible? And is the PC port as bad as I heard?

Also.... DAWWW, the Steam critters are building a tree house! (Do they even have a name?)

Also.... DAWWW, the Steam critters are building a tree house! (Do they even have a name?)

According to today's Summer Sale Group announcement, that black one with the magnifying glass is named Cyl, but that's the first I've ever seen them called anything.

Cyl is the only one with a name so far, if I remember correctly.

I was anticipating the summer sale because I'm getting my girlfriend into civilization and now I'll be able to get her a cheap copy of civ 5. That's the only reason I was excited, however, and I didn't expect the rest of the deals to have much pull over me.

Oh how wrong I was. Already I've bought Legend of Grimrock and Space Chem. I had to talk myself out of buying Terraria, Trine 2, Crusader Kings 2, Anno 2070, and From Dust. Also I was tempted to get a copy of Siberia, which I used to own but lost the disk to.

Ugh. Steam sales. The absolute first-worldiest of first world problems.

The good thing about getting destroyed by the Christmas sale is I already own everything I want for the most part. I of course wont feel as smug 10 days from now when all my money is gone anyways.

Oh how wrong I was. Already I've bought Legend of Grimrock and Space Chem. I had to talk myself out of buying Terraria, Trine 2, Crusader Kings 2, Anno 2070, and From Dust. Also I was tempted to get a copy of Siberia, which I used to own but lost the disk to.

Ugh. Steam sales. The absolute first-worldiest of first world problems.

I am continuing to talk myself out of buying Anno 2070. Damn them for making it 24 hours.

I am continuing to talk myself out of buying Anno 2070. Damn them for making it 24 hours.

Yeah, Anno 2070 and Payday: The Heist are the sticking points for me. I've tried them both and hated them, but for some reason the low price tag gives me a vision of a perfect world where we'll click and all my friends will join in too.

Didn't work with New Vegas, why should it work here? Or so I keep saying.