FluxW

A new Kickstarter by Pendulo Studios

I completed Yesterday and something really impressed me, while others really depressed me.

Will they ever be able to make a decent mouth animation? It's about as fluid as a low budget cartoon from the 50's, which makes no sense since everything else is decently animated! The things juv3nal said about the iOS version are ALL in the PC version, it's the SAME game and the character ALWAYS teleports, which saves times but feels cheap.

Many of the things in the game feel cheap, instead of what most games do, who just move their hand in a actiony fashion to use an item, they take the lazier approach and just make the item appear next to the other item and viola! Interaction! It's like playing a cheap IHOP game.

The game has it's own "Gina" and the cheap romance kinda bothered me, then again, most romance in game stories tend to suck.

And the game felt almost "Telltale short", which is something I like, but is likely to bother others.

The good part? The plot twist, the game was getting on my nerves with the story, until it all made sense and was pretty good, at least better than other Pendulo Studio games.

I'm a little more hopeful now, as hokey and cheesy as they usually are, it looks like can at least make more interesting stories now.

The good part? The plot twist, the game was getting on my nerves with the story, until it all made sense and was pretty good, at least better than other Pendulo Studio games.

I'm a little more hopeful now, as hokey and cheesy as they usually are, it looks like can at least make more interesting stories now.

Was the story interactive at all or was it just as linear as everything else they put out before? And would you recommend the game? It sounds like you're leaning towards no

It's kinda Telltale-esque, I don't think you ever had more than three rooms per area to explore, which makes the game pretty lineal.

As much as it saddens me to see this game made so cheaply, I loved the story and would recommend it if you don't mind what I said before. (You might want to get the cheaper iOS version though).

Frankly, I'm curious about the lower budget of this game, maybe Pendulo Studios couldn't afford to make it like older games? The Kickstarter suggests it might be true. Or maybe they just made it this way for iOS since it's more likely to sell there?

Back when I still actually played a bunch of adventure games, I played Runaway and it was one of the least enjoyable game experiences I can remember having. I played all the way through and I don't know why. I thought it was really, really poor.

I remember waiting for Runaway for years and years ever since I heard of the first one during high school. I was really excited and was telling my friends about the game many times. I even went through the trouble of hunting a "big box" version of the game instead of just a dvd cover version.

The end product was really not worth my time, but I did play the first one until the end. Bad characters, bad plot. I sold it immediately after I had completed the game.

New updates:

1) a sample of the game's soundtrack

2) soundtracks from the other Pendulo games

3) And finally, a new reward: the Summer Sale, which allows you to get a physical version of one of the backgrounds from the first Runaway. It comes with a certificate of authenticity, which includes a brief story about the background you have chosen. And as if that weren’t enough, it is signed by the whole team ;)

11-here-comes-summer-sale-89.png

11-here-comes-summer-sale-91.png