Sign in to follow this  
stewmull

Blacklight Retribution

So Blacklight: Retribution was released (on steam) on the 2nd and a friend said i should try it. It is free to play so why not? the gun building/customization seems pretty good and the tactical view you can use in game is one of the best camping deterrents i have seen in FPS's. Im not sure how i feel about how expensive guns and items are, but they can also be bought for in game currency. Its on steam, so if any thumbs wana play my steam tag is 'stewmull' with the same avatar as the forum.

Is this that game made by the creators of Counter Strike?

EDIT: I was thinking about Tactical Intervention

You're thinking of Tactical Intervention.

This is Blacklight: Retribution, free to play sequel to bad game Blacklight: Tango Down, from the makers of the despicable Blackwater video game.

The costs for permanent item ownership with ingame currency seem extremely high. I come from a League of Legends background, so I have no problems dropping real money if I feel it's fair whether I do or not. After a few rounds, it was matchmaking me with level 30 guys with a ton of paid gear, and the game just wasn't fun anymore. Personally this game seems to fall into the paytowin camp. The amount of grinding to achieve any level of good gear without paying real money is just prohibitive. They may want to consider a weekly rotation of free kit setups. But I've also always hated the "Buy this item for 1,3 or 7 days!". Just leaves me feeling gross.

I felt the same way, Avaren, but then I realized that renting stuff is so ridiculously cheap (in one round you earn enough to rent something for that day) that I decided to get over that gross feeling and just rent what I want.

Yeah the guns are super expensive, but you get masses of items when you level up. They are on like a 3 day trail, but you do get to try out most of the gun stocks, barrels etc. That really helped me make an informed decision when i actualy spend my in game points.