FluxW

Jimmy Jam: a cool oldschool adventure project

Banner2.gif

So I wanna tell you about one more game (don't worry, it's better than Crazy Mansion ;) ). It's a pretty old AGS project by IbeX Studios, dated 2003 (there were no news since then), but some of the materials still remain on the net. The game was going to include fully animated AVI cutscenes, multiple walkthroughs and other cool features; the plot sypnosis is the following:

You play as nine year old Jimmy, the epitome of evil? well not quite but an arrogant little shit for sure. Notorious for wreaking havoc amongst his home town of Firmwood, Jimmy hosts a mass array of elaborate pranks, mischievous demeanors and inhumane violations upon citizens far and abroad.

However, the sheer audacity of his immoral activities is up to you.

A unique non-linear puzzle structure allows the player to solve countless situations in many dissimilar ways, all the while immersed in an enveloping, highly entertaining story. Will you be wicked or just plain evil?

The choice is yours? or is it?

Yes, yes it is?

Titlemoviepic.png

You can find more info here:

http://www.adventure...title=Jimmy_Jam

http://ibex.adventuredevelopers.com/

http://tvtropes.org/...m=Main.JimmyJam

http://www.facebook.com/JimmyJamGame

Unfortunately there are no such news by the moment. I would've gladly funded it :P

If this game's development has been abandoned and there are no plans to make it, then what is the point of this thread?

If this game's development has been abandoned and there are no plans to make it, then what is the point of this thread?

Pretty much this. Particularly as there are 3 screenshots and a synopsis.

It bugs me that most people who start these fan projects don't realize what was awesome about DOTT-style perspective or how to use it.

Yes, please don't start transporting the whole of the AGS "Adventure-related Talk & Chat" over here piece by piece. Not least because that would mean an "Icey's Games" thread.

It bugs me that most people who start these fan projects don't realize what was awesome about DOTT-style perspective or how to use it.

Reminded me more of Toonstruck, but yeah, it's a horribly cluttered version of that.

Or is a advertising spam bot, hehehe. I love learning about games or game concepts I've never heard of or existed, or will ever exist.

So I'm okay with threads like these, in fact I may even post one myself one day.

I think when people use this wonky cartoon background style, they are more often than not doing it so they don't have to bother with things like straight lines or perspective.

When most people look at a background from Ren and Stimpy or Day of the Tentacle, I suppose they don't see a perspective that warps in unison, only a bunch of random lines.

Yes, please don't start transporting the whole of the AGS "Adventure-related Talk & Chat" over here piece by piece. Not least because that would mean an "Icey's Games" thread.

I'm now trying to figure this business out and I am very confused. "Pub Master" is "Icey" then, who makes only coincidentally similar Final Fantasy style adventure games?

Yeah, he's got about five names over there. He's a troll extraordinaire, it's amazing!