Scrobbs

San Francisco Residents!

Good to hear a few meetups are taking place!

I'll actually be in SF for two days (28/29 September), before heading down to Palo Alto for a conference.

I've been to SF before and loved it, but hoping to check out / revisit the following:

Golden Gate Park - loved this the last time I was here, Japanese Garden was excellent

Presidio - looks substantially larger than GG Park, so a bit unsure about this

Dear Mom - Not too far from my hotel, so will definitely check it out

Computer History Museum - This is where my conference takes place, so free visit!

Exploratorium - supposed to a lot like Launch Pad from the Science Museum here in London, and that is great.

Hey guys, usually just a lurker here, I'm moving to SF for a few months at the start of next year (January) and was wondering if you guys had some ideas for things I should check out while I'm there? Does anyone know of cool events that happen in January-March over there? Cool food place I should look up? Anything and everything would be great. Doesn't have to be video game related.

Also, I'm currently looking for housing arrangements for the time I'll be there. Does anyone know of some good websites or places I can get some info? Preferably on the cheaper end, stuff like student accommodations and what not?

Also, I literally wont know anyone when I'm there so if people would like to do some kind of a meet up so I can meet some people that would be cool.

What's this I hear about a secret Google floating-base of stacked cargo containers with antennaes. That shit sounds like it would be some glamorous local gossip to have available to ya.

I'm going to be in town tomorrow and maybe the day after. What would be some good neighborhoods to wander around during Halloween? (I don't have a costume it anything)

I was there for a bit but it was super crowded so I left at 6 or so.

This is an accurate description of me at any social gathering that consists of more than three people.

I'm worried about y'all living there because of earth-quakes. I remember hearing all sorts of stuff about a "Big one". Are my fears justified?

I was there for a bit but it was super crowded so I left at 6 or so.

Same thing happened to me. I was curious how much of the space was going to be utilized on Eerie St. itself out front of Public Works. It was some, but it was mostly inside, and that venue was a tight fit for all the people interested in video games!

I stayed the whole time, but I mostly stayed outside and played Sportsfriends because that game is rad. And I finally got to play JS Joust, FINALLY. That game is rad. Only three people, though. ):

I stayed the whole time, but I mostly stayed outside and played Sportsfriends because that game is rad. And I finally got to play JS Joust, FINALLY. That game is rad. Only three people, though. ):

Did they not set that up until the end? Because I didn't see it, and I really want to play that game. Also, I spent most of my time there milling around and not talking to anyone because I am terrible and don't know how to social.

Yeah it wasn't until the last maybe half hour or so.

Lock up your son's and daughter's, your ma's and pa's, your chicken's and alpaca's, I'm coming to San Francisco. Sometime next summer, we're going to book the flights soon as they are on sale over Christmas. And for the first time we're going to try out www.airbnb.com.

So I'll probably be pestering you guys near the time for thing to see and do :) I really want to go to that night club in 'Basic Instinct', I'll dress up in some fetish gear and do some crazy rave dancing.

Man, it's coming up to 1 year since we visited SF (and the US).

Where the fuck did it go? *mutter mutter old man mumble*

We've booked our flight and going to book our accommodation tonight through airbnb, staying near nob hill on the first week of May

Can i pick your brains on some stuff, like...

Should we visit the tourist prison? (we're really not that interested, but if its a MUST SEE then we can be swayed)

And just pretty much any cool thing/places to visit that might not be on our radar? (My girlfriend has clocked the Smuggler's Cove bar)

We're probably book ourself on to this pub crawl http://pubcrawlsanfrancisco.com

thanks