Scrobbs

San Francisco Residents!

I am not a zipcar member, so I'm gonna have to rent a car. And we should totally do a thing! I'm fine where ever you guys want to meet up. Since I don't really know the city :)

I'm only days away from getting on a plane to San Francisco! I was hoping to do a meetup somewhere on Saturday the 29th of June. Who knows of a good place to meet up? I was thinking that we maybe could go to that bar they mentioned on the podcast & blog: http://dearmomsf.com/

How about around 4? That way we won't have to fight to find a nice place to sit.

Ah drat. I won't be in San Fransisco until the latter half of august! I would've loved to meet and hang out with some thumbs.

Although maybe we could potentially still do that??

Unless I'm particularly tired (or lazy, 'cause it's an hour commute to downtown SF for me, and doing that on WEEKENDS can be pretty detrimental to my relaxation), I'm always up for a meetup! I can't make any promises about this Saturday, but I'm not against it. So... I may or may not... show up.

How's that for commitment?

Wow, thanks for bumping this thread! I will be in San Francisco for a work conference July 14 - 18. I have two open nights Monday 7/15 and Tuesday 7/16 if anyone is around. (I might have availability on the other days, too.) Apparently my hotel is closer to Dear Mom than it is to the hotel hosting my conference.

I'm sorry that I'll miss Ysbreker, Erkki, and Lu! But if any locals are around let me know.

So did people want to meet up on the 29th? 4 works for me and Dear Mom sounds like a good place. I'm open for anything else as well since I'm not doing anything on Saturday.

In a few hours I will hop on a plane to Sunny San Francisco! I hope to see all San Francisco thumbs at Dear Mom on Saturday! We'll be there from 4 in the afternoon!

Sean and I will come by tomorrow! We just posted about the meetup on the Thumbs Twitter account.

I also have a company picnic in Golden Gate Park tomorrow morning/early afternoon, so I guess I'll just spend the whole day Not In Burlingame! U:

subbes and I would be there, but we're visiting a friend in LA this weekend. :( You guys have fun though!

It was fun meeting you all of you thumbs people! Nice to finally have met Chris & Famous in person :)

Oh yeah I forgot to post in here. I was the weird big dude with the blue checkered shirt! It was fun. Looking forward to any future ENDEAVORS.

I will be in San Francisco on Sunday for a work conference. I am definitely around Monday and Tuesday all evening and later in the evening the rest of the week.

Is there anything I should see? What is that movie theatre you all like?

And is anyone around? I want to meet all of you!

I'm leaving on Sunday :( But don't let that stop you from meeting other thumbs people in the area!

ysbreker it was great seeing you on the stream even if I won't see you tomorrow and next week.

If anyone else will be in San Francisco starting tomorrow, feel free to e-mail/iMessage me at michaeljmariano [at] gmail.  If you want to come watch me as a panelist at my convention and ask questions, I'm pretty sure that's not allowed but you can probably get away with doing it anyway.

Sadly, I'll not be there the same time as you -- I'll arrive on the 19th (Friday, about noon) and will have free time for a week or so.

Also, what is the best area (while not too expensive) in SF to stay, if I stay in a hotel in the city for a few days?

Found a somewhat affordable hotel in the marina district. Would have liked to find something cheaper, but the stories of bedbugs @ trip advisor scared me about most of the cheaper choices. Then again, there seemed to be *some* bedbug stories about every hotel.

Anyway, current plan is to be in San Francisco at least for the full weekend (Friday noon to Monday morning), and on Monday I will likely go to Yosemite.

So, any meetups during the weekend would be cool. What about that something-0 plus one month birthday, subbes?