Sign in to follow this  
Lork

The Real Texas

Is anyone else playing this? I'm actually pretty surprised not to see a thread on it here already. Given this game's indie background, adventure game sensibilities and off beat sense of humour, I figured you guys would be all over it already.

I bought this after being intrigued by a thread for it on Something Awful, and it turned out to be one of my favourite games in a while.

The creator describes it as "..like a mashup of Zelda: Link to the Past and Ultima VI." Having never played an Ultima game other than Underworld, myself, I would describe it as "The best Zelda game since Majora's Mask". The graphical style is... primitive, but I don't think it detracts from the game at all. If anything, I'd say it matches the game's goofy-but-sincere tone perfectly.

The trailer can probably explain what the game is going for better than I can:

I bought it, but I confess I have barely touched it (other recent games in this category: Drox Operative, Resonance, Avernum: Escape from the Pit).

I bought it, but without a computer at home I haven't touched it, I was going to talk about it at one point.

The giantbomb quicklook sold me on it and bought it right afterwards.

I also just bought it because of the Giant Bomb quicklook but haven't been able to play it yet. Looks really awesome though.

So the answer is that you all bought it... You just didn't get around to playing it. Well, I suppose that's better than nothing.

We're part of the Jake "Video Games" Rodkin fan club, we just talk about how we like and buy games but never play them.

edit: Perfect, apparently I had 7 days to download and then got cut off. Didn't have my computer or time to play it until tonight and I was cut off. Going through support now... bleh.

I bought it, told my friends they should buy it, and haven't played it myself. But I hear tell there's a weekend on the horizon, so that'll give me some time.

Awesome, I get to be the 2nd person on the forums to actually play it despite everyone on the forums having already bought it.

So anyway, yeah, it's a pretty cool game. I have a hard time playing it in long stretches because it's kind of clunky and navigating the world can be kind of frustrating but I still think it's worth getting. It's so odd that I'm having fun just exploring the world.

I started it yesterday, and it's a great way to have fun so far. I like how chill most of the music is. It just lets you relax and play a weird game. I also like the way clothing works. You can layer on up to three (I think) different pieces, so you could wear a normal shirt, a vest on top of that, and a bowtie. Also, you can take off your pants and underwear and run around naked. So I've been doing that.

Korax, I'm wearing a swan dress and being the prettiest cowboy.

I've been playing it all weekend and I think I'm pretty close to the end! Pretty fun game overall except for the mine. Shame about all the typos and misspellings though, I can't help but cringe at them every time.