Sign in to follow this  
TheLastBaron

SMITE

I didn't know whther I should put this in the Dota/LoL thread since this game is a Lords Management or not, I decided just to make a separate thread. I just got into the beta for this today so I'm assuming beta keys went out. Did anyone else get it? I played a single game of it at PAX last year and saw a decent amount of it since I spent a fair amount of time at the Hi-Rez booth because of Tribes and it looks good. I'm currently installing it so I don't know what's changed since then but I've heard good things from 2 of my friends who also got into the beta. If anyone wants to play a game let me know. I think my in game name is TheLastBaron, assuming it just uses Hi-Rez master accounts as your in game name.

Edit: So I guess it's like Tribes in that I get a number of keys and each person I give a key gets more keys. I have three keys and am going to give two away to real life friends but if I give my third key away here that person should get three more key and we can continue the chain to get anyone here who wants a key one. If anyone wants my last key just let me know and I'll hook it up.

I may well be interested, but I won't claim a key just yet. I've already got League of Legends and Dota 2 to play, and I'm growing more wary of betas in general, so I'd like to hear some reactions of players before I dive into another game like this. I watched the official trailer and the perspective intrigues me, but yeah, anyone that plays this should throw up some feedback!

Super Monday Night Combat is played from the same perspective and is F2P. Might be worth a look if you are interested in the change. I think i'll stick to Dota2. My mind can only hold so much info.

I tried SMNC actually, but didn't have a particularly good time with it. That doesn't mean the third person perspective is necessarily a bust, though. That said I'm not sure exactly what it would bring to the table in a game like this either, so I'm curious to see how Smite does.

Super Monday Night Combat is terrible however, where SMITE is basically LoL in third person. It's actually quite good.

Last night I was looking at Smite streams on Twitch and it seems like a fair amount of high elo (2400+) LoL players were playing it and a couple pros and they all really liked it. I'm interested to see what will happen if this game starts getting some buzz.

SMNC is not terrible, but it's not great, either. I wonder if they'll ever make it great. It could be. ):

Someone talked about this around me recently. It sounded interesting. U:

Well, I wasn't aware of that, and that sucks.

Smite is really fun! Especially nice is that games are over in 30 mins usually rather than the 1-hour games that are common in scrub play of other Lords Managements (I'm a scrub).

If anyone wants a beta key let me know, I think I still have some referrals left.

Add me in the game, same name as here (:

Smite is really fun! Especially nice is that games are over in 30 mins usually rather than the 1-hour games that are common in scrub play of other Lords Managements (I'm a scrub).

If anyone wants a beta key let me know, I think I still have some referrals left.

Add me in the game, same name as here (:

I know this is an old thread but I've been playing recently and loving it. I'd love someone actually good to show me the ropes a bit.

I like this game a whole lot more than LoL or Dota because of the controls so if they were an issue for anyone in those game you should give this one a try.

There's a good set of Gods always free and they do the LoL style free rotation.

I'm afraid I haven't started this game in ages (simply not enough hours in the day for all the games I'd like to play and then multiplayer stuff that demands a bunch of time investment to be competent falls by the wayside quickly) so I can't really tell you how things are these days. There is a fair amount of good streamers though, you can learn a lot from watching them play one or two games.

http://www.twitch.tv/smitegame

http://www.twitch.tv/directory/game/Smite