Thrik

Disney's Wreck-It Ralph

The existence of this film makes me smile.

[media=]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GHDQHVkYq4g[/media]

I hope we see the iconic 90s game characters given a decent amount of screentime rather than passing cameos, but whatever — it's Robotnik (Eggman), a bunch of Street Fighter and Mortal Kombat characters, Bowser, zombies, the Pac Man ghosts, parodies of modern warfare heroes and more in the cinema! Countless parts of my childhood are giggling with glee.

Neat! That could be really fun. It's interesting that most of the films I get genuinely interested in these days are animated.

I'm trying desperately to look past the plethora of cool cameos which have my inner child giggling with anticipation.

I think the story about how many lawyers it took to make that Bad-Anon scene a reality is probably more interesting.

My worry is that the cute cameos will get steam-rolled by the poorly conceived non-licensed "game worlds" he visits.

Everythign else... Animation, and production quality looks top shelf though. Looking forward to it.

The fictional FPS being named "Hero's Duty" gives me hope that this movie knows what's up.

I find that I slowly have less and less enthusiasm for Pixar every year. Up was a fucked up movie, I didn't like it at all. Wreck-It Ralph seems fine, that's not the problem, but the whole god damn fish-out-of-water comedy plot bores the hell out of me, even if there are amusing video game trappings.

I am looking forward to this, though have the same worries as AteBit. Like you, I'm also fascinated by how many lawyers were involved with the bad-anon scene. I bet it was more than there are characters in it.

I find that I slowly have less and less enthusiasm for Pixar every year. Up was a fucked up movie, I didn't like it at all. Wreck-It Ralph seems fine, that's not the problem, but the whole god damn fish-out-of-water comedy plot bores the hell out of me, even if there are amusing video game trappings.

It's actually not a Pixar film (although these days just about every CGI film looks like a Pixar film), but part of Disney's 'core' film series. After a dismal 2000s for Disney I was actually really pleasantly surprised by The Princess and the Frog and Tangled, as they hit that perfectly bittersweet note that all the classics did and the visuals in Tangled were particularly good due to the way they blended CGI and traditional art principles. If it weren't for those I'd have little faith in this being worthwhile.

Yea, not a Pixar film. Pixar's next feature film they're working on is Brave, which is

. Always love the character animation Disney does; it has this unique flavour compared to Pixar animation, speaking strictly CG. Now, I'm not sure if it's a matter of budget or they don't find it as important, but Disney CG often has somewhat static backgrounds, which bothers me as it takes a little bit of life out of the picture.

I loved Princess and the Frog! It was pretty great. Classic Disney, but modern in its execution. Tangled less so, as it has that thing where the world doesn't really seem to exist outside of the characters.

Up was a fucked up movie, I didn't like it at all.

The first 15 minutes of that movie affected me so much that I felt depressed through the rest of the movie. What didn't you like about it? Did you see Toy Story 3 and how did you like that? Oh and hey, does that mean you've attributed other Disney CG films to Pixar as well?

As you can see, I have questions!

Oh and hey, does that mean you've attributed other Disney CG films to Pixar as well?

I just want to say that Tangled was a great, fun movie, and I enjoyed it more than some Pixar movies I've seen. U:

(Princess and the Frog was also great, but irrelevant to whyever I decided to reply to this particular sentence.)

The first moments of Up were sweet, but then the thing devolved into a nightmare. I didn't like any of the characters, the plot was stupid, I hated the talking dogs, ugh. It was just so disappointing.

I haven't wrongfully attributing any other CGI movies to Pixar, and it doesn't really matter for my argument either. The meeting of bad guys might be funny, but I saw pretty much the exact same idea in a Toy Story short where Buzz gets thrown in with MacDonalds toy rejects. And honestly, a bad guy at a public meeting has some fucking large shoes to fill after this:

[media=]

[/media]

For what it's worth I really enjoyed Up, but I will say it's not the most straightforward of films. I'm not even sure why I liked it as it's really hard to think of single things I appreciated, but as an overall tale it hooked me with its killer intro and kept its hold on my until the very end. It was overall kind of depressing as I don't think things could have gone much worse, right down to the couple's idol turning out to be a psychopath after the awesomeness of finding him.

I dunno, I really liked it. But back to the topic at hand, the info about the film suggests the licensed characters won't just be appearing in cameo form and will be reasonably involved in the story, so hopefully that will be the case. I'm not entirely hot about such great characters only being used for a single scene or so, so I'm hoping they won't sell us short like that.

Up is both depressing and happy. Yea the beginning really guts you, hard. But the way I took it, carl basically got his taste for life back through his adventure, got some sense of closure over ellie, and russell basically ends up being the son he never got to have with ellie. Admittedly though, as a guy who was just beginning to emerge from a really deep depression when I saw it, I really connected with Carl, and it made me feel good seeing his progression.

I'm going to see Brave for the Steve Purcell factor alone, and I'm hoping it won't disappoint. I will at least love looking at bushels of hair the whole movie. I also recently purchased the art book and it has some purty stuff inside. Also Mike Mignola apparently did early environment concept work on brave (dated 2006). Other than that, there's better animated pieces I can spend my time on instead of Disney and Pixar everything.

The first moments of Up were sweet, but then the thing devolved into a nightmare. I didn't like any of the characters, the plot was stupid, I hated the talking dogs, ugh. I was just so disappointing.

Also, someone else who dislikes Up! I felt I was alone! I agree on all of that completely. I even found the art direction and characters in the movie were all designed very unappealing.

I'd seen art for this around one theater I often go to, but I only discovered what it was last week. It's great so many companies lent their characters to it! I bet that was hard to wrangle.