Udvarnoky

Some heartless jackass makes a fake Majora's Mask HD trailer because he hates me, specifically

Both ads are creepy as hell. The final clip in the 3DS one... jeez.

Finally, I will now get to play MM. I remember searching for it in Electronics Boutique every single weekend as a kid. I only ever found it once and it was like £100 so my mum wouldn't even consider it. 

I don't know why it was so rare in my home town, did they not release a load in Europe or something?

Anyway, YES!! Really excited for this. 

I feel like I should do that too; I kinda ran out of steam near the end. Not that I imagine it's necessary to finish the one before playing the other, but I feel weird leaving such a major hole in my game background.

It's weird, because I have had an N64 since it came out, but I never played Ocarina of Time, and I'm a pretty big fan of much of the series. 

Honestly I enjoyed Twilight Princess and Skyward Sword more than what I played of Ocarina of Time (I got up to the Shadow Temple, I think? So I played most of it). Maybe it's because the newer ones are more streamlined and control better, but I'm really having to push myself through OoT. I recognise that it's an amazing game, and it would have blown my mind if I played it in '98 though!

Woooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.

Also, I remember those hellish, operatic Majora's Mask commercials from eighth grade as clear as (the last) day.

It means, I assume, they'll make the game less obtuse, which will please the unapologetic haters like syntheticgerbil!!!!!!

Haha, awww, I never hated the game specifically, just many aspects. I actually really wanted it to be remade for the very specific reasons of fixing gameplay issues.

Wind Waker HD was so good, I believe in you Neeteendo!

There are no issues! You're mad!! You're all mad!!!

I don't know. It's very possible they'll ruin what makes the game good. They probably will. Nintendo is a shitty developer, after all. When was the last time they made a good game?

OOT3D also benefitted from more plentiful and detailed textures that made areas look less samey and more significant. The Water Temple is the ideal example; having added details that let you easily see which switch corresponded to which water level and made corridors more distinct so you wouldn't get lost with no reason.

They also let you assign the boots to a button, which is just the best.

OOT3D also benefitted from more plentiful and detailed textures that made areas look less samey and more significant. The Water Temple is the ideal example; having added details that let you easily see which switch corresponded to which water level and made corridors more distinct so you wouldn't get lost with no reason.

Making the Water Temple less obtuse made me furious because I'm a heartless jackass. The boots are Top Tier though.

Damn.  OOT3D was my first exposure to the game as I never had an N64, so I heard this griping about the Water Temple for nigh on 16 years.  When I finally got around to playing it earlier this year, it was tough, but not the worst thing I'd ever seen in my life.  I thought I was a genius - turns out I was just benefiting from better textures.

Damn.  OOT3D was my first exposure to the game as I never had an N64, so I heard this griping about the Water Temple for nigh on 16 years.  When I finally got around to playing it earlier this year, it was tough, but not the worst thing I'd ever seen in my life.  I thought I was a genius - turns out I was just benefiting from better textures.

I had the same experience except I played the N64 version and am just that great.

Also I got to the end of the treasure chest game without the Lens of Truth once. Didn't get the prize, though.

I had the same experience except I played the N64 version and am just that great.

Me too except I played it when it was new. :3

Now that Majora's Mask 3D is a real thing, I feel that the thread title should be changed.

I nominate "We Choose to go to the Moon: Majora's Mask 3D".

More like the moon chose to come to us. Or a mask chose to force the moon to come to us.

I thought we were saying the game wasn't easy, because it was hard.

Eiji Aonuma is saying that they won't be making the game more merciful, but that they're apparently tweaking at least one boss fight where they felt the method of killing the boss was poorly communicated in the original (no idea which) and are adding some ponds to Termina to allow for fishing. There are also vague claims about making use of the touchscreen (was that in doubt?), and talk of some special stuff you can do exclusively on the New 3DS (fuck off).

It comes across to me like they're doing little to mess with the original game, which is good news.

One of the things I've always felt made the game so special was the fact that all these tertiary characters had these lives that they lived throughout the three day period that you could choose to follow and help/ruin.  For example, at some point a Goron shows up to Clock Town, enters the hotel and claims his reservation with Anju.  (Link can be an asshole and steal his reservation before he gets there, leaving him to tragically sleep outside that night.)

If I was in charge of an enhanced Majora's Mask, I'd just go even further with that stuff.  I would make it possible for you to see that Goron walking all the way from the mountains in Termina Field to the city.

So the latest http://nintendoeverything.com/zelda-majoras-mask-3d-revamps-the-bombers-notebook/'>info is that they will be revamping the Bombers' Notebook in some fashion.

There's some varying physical bonuses depending on your territory.  If you're in the U.S., you have the option of a Limited Edition that comes with a Skull Kid figurine, while UK folks can get a paperweight of the titular mask as a pre-order extra.

So the latest info is that they will be revamping the Bombers' Notebook in some fashion.

There's some varying physical bonuses depending on your territory.  If you're in the U.S., you have the option of a Limited Edition that comes with a Skull Kid figurine, while UK folks can get a paperweight of the titular mask as a pre-order extra.

Correction: if you're in the U.S. and you jumped on pre-orders in the tiny window of time between when they were announced and when all the ebay scalpers got to them, then you can get the Limited Edition with the figurine. This window was less than 24 hours.