Udvarnoky

Some heartless jackass makes a fake Majora's Mask HD trailer because he hates me, specifically

I found this video about the "meaning" behind Majora's Mask super interesting, maybe some of you who pine for an HD version would enjoy it:

Sure as heck makes me want to play again.

Somehow missed this video.  Majora's Mask is by far my favorite zelda.  Why couldn't you be real?

Every time this thread gets revived, I die a little.

This is my Half-Life 3.

This video was just released yesterday, so you really didn't "miss it", the Game Theory is still a pretty interesting show and I recommend watching them all.

Also we found out specifically what the deal was with Majora's Mask in A Link Between Worlds: apparently Lorule and Termina have some connection.

Oh em fucking gee, my brothers and sisters.

EDIT: Well, fuck.  Comment from the same site:

This is false data, I work for Target and that for one is not how our Labels are setup (yes even Canada runs on the same system). The numbers pull up nothing but an invalid number. And Nintendo is the ones who print and set up their new releases

I about had it with all these hollow rumors about this particular game's 3DS remake.  This is how conspiracy theorists are forged.

God damnit I read this whole thread thinking it was new, until I saw that it was from a year ago. Everyone's shocked reactions at a game that was already out confused the fuck out of me.

I leant my cart for MM to a friend probably 10 years ago and never got it back. Every time I remind him and ask for it back he assumes it's a joke and just sort of chuckles and moves on.

Oh em fucking gee, my brothers and sisters.

EDIT: Well, fuck.

it would be kind of silly for a new game to just show up with no previous advertisement or announcement whatsoever, especially a beloved tentpole franchise..

So glad this is happening after I finally own a 3ds. I would've felt really silly buying new hardware for a remake. And I would've done it.

So glad this is happening after I finally own a 3ds. I would've felt really silly buying new hardware for a remake. And I would've done it.

next week: "Majora's Mask 3D to be released exclusively for new 3DS and new 3DS XL"

It's actually weird to see "Majora's Mask 3D: Only for Nintendo 3DS and 2DS." If it's on the 2DS, it's no longer Majora's Mask 3D, is it?

I'll finally get around to playing Majora's Mask. Now excuse me while I finish Ocarina of Time first...

That is the weirdest trailer ever. Scarcely effective at communicating anything about the game, nor the tension in the world, weirdly edited, strange choices all around.

But.

Majora's Mask is coming to the 3DS, hopefully with some much needed difficulty tweaks in some of the bosses/optional stuff (looking at you, barn shooting bit). This is more than the Half-Life 3 thread ever gave.

That is the weirdest trailer ever. Scarcely effective at communicating anything about the game, nor the tension in the world, weirdly edited, strange choices all around.

I thought it did good!

Haha I'm so glad this thread was bumped for this. I was crossing my fingers as the page loaded!

Majora's Mask is coming to the 3DS, hopefully with some much needed difficulty tweaks in some of the bosses/optional stuff (looking at you, barn shooting bit). This is more than the Half-Life 3 thread ever gave.

Do you think it would be a bad thing for them to skip the need to refight the bosses to change an area when you go back to day 1? Like I imagine some people might think that it is making the game too easy, but I found it kind of pointless to keep refighting all of the bosses. I think a button on the touchscreen or maybe a song on the ocarina to just change over the area to it's "fixed" state would suffice.

Also holy fucking shit would this game benefit from a mask selector like Ocarina of Time 3D getting the fucking boot selector. Man, for a game about masks, switching masks was often very tedious.

I'm just very excited because I was very happy with all of the Wind Waker changes.

I'll finally get around to playing Majora's Mask. Now excuse me while I finish Ocarina of Time first...

I feel like I should do that too; I kinda ran out of steam near the end. Not that I imagine it's necessary to finish the one before playing the other, but I feel weird leaving such a major hole in my game background.

It's weird, because I have had an N64 since it came out, but I never played Ocarina of Time, and I'm a pretty big fan of much of the series. 

Oh man, I remember this.

I remember watching it for the first time when I was young and being freaked out. Those feelings followed me when I first played Majora's Mask and definitely added to the overall somber and paranoia tone/atmosphere.

"Goodnight, kid". It's fucking Bastion. But I kinda like this a lot better, because at least it explains the core theme/dread of the game, which is the end of the world.