Tanukitsune

Home: "A Unique Horror Adventure"

Home is indeed unique, the worst part is how do I explain it without spoiling it?

It's a bit like Silent Hill in the way that what you do in the game can affect your ending, except here it's ALL about that, every little thing will change your perspective about the game, in a way that two different people can have completely different stories on what they think happened and on the hero's actions.

When I beat the game it encouraged me to go to the site and share my thoughts on what happened, and when I checked the others, it's almost like we played a different game.... OK, maybe not that extreme, but their different perspective was quite interesting.

I'll say what I loved about it the most as a spoiler, it's kinda minor.... maybe not even a spoiler in other's opinion, but....

You never encounter enemies in the game. I felt watched many times, but I never actually say anybody, at least not in my playthrough.

It's just 2$ for this short and small experiment in games and I think quite a few will get a kick of it.

Their game has a physical version, which is no longer available, I ordered it because it comes with a bunch of "feelies" likes the old IF games of yore. :tup:

Are you sure? I checked and the grammar sites says it's "A" when it sounds like a consonant and "an" when it sounds like a vowel, "unique" starts with a "y" sound.

and 'y' is a consonant in the beginning of a word (so "a unique" is correct)

The game looks interesting Tanu. Do you - or someone else - happen to know the system requirements? I couldn't find any info on the linked site. I'm asking cause right now I only have netbook - a not very new netbook that is not very fast.

What kills me is seeing 'an helicopter' everywhere. I have no idea which is correct, but I know which one sounds stupid.

What kills me is seeing 'an helicopter' everywhere. I have no idea which is correct, but I know which one sounds stupid.

if you pronounce helicopter as 'elicopter, it's "an." otherwise, you're a pretentious douchebag.

grammatically speaking.

The game looks interesting Tanu. Do you - or someone else - happen to know the system requirements? I couldn't find any info on the linked site. I'm asking cause right now I only have netbook - a not very new netbook that is not very fast.

Well, I tried it on my parent's laptop which has XP and a CPU of about 800 Mhz and... It took ages to load, but it worked! I did notice it to run a little slower, but everything else seemed fine.

You could email the site and ask if you want to be sure.

This game does that annoying Lone Survivor thing where it decides for you that you fucking love playing games full-screen. I played it for a bit, but then had to do something else, and since it has no save function and hates alt-tab I was forced to quit, losing my progress.

Why do you always insist in playing horror games in a window? How on Earth do you expect to get immersed into game when it's windowed? Immersion maybe not that important in other games, but when the game is trying to be creepy you have to at least try to play along, it needs some immersion to be effective!

The problem isn't that it's windowed, but that, like Lone Survivor, it has super-pixelly graphics which look terrible full-screen. I don't want to have to physically move my monitor further away just to play it. If it had a .5x mode that would be enough.

Unrelated to that, not letting you save and not letting you properly alt-tab is also super-annoying. I'm assuming it has to do with the Flash platform.

Oh, also, playing a game in windowed mode is a great way for me to be able to play a game I wouldn't be able to play full-screen, on account of me being a big pussy. It would be the equivalent of adjusting horror by holding a sofa pillow up in front of my face, which I have also done.

Since it can be beaten in one sitting, I think taking the ability to save was on purpose.

You could contact the guy who made the game, he seems to be constantly tweaking it. While he might not address the other things, he'll at least try to fix the Alt-Tab crash. I just tried to Alt-Tab and it didn't crash on me.

So that was pretty interesting, though the end didn't work for me.

Wow, I just got the physical stuff in the mail.... It's pretty awesome!

I got a map, some special paper to make maps (I don't know the appropriate name), a letter (SEEEECREEETS!) and a disquette. The disquette seems to be most interesting part since it seems to have clues for a certain something in the game. :greatscott:

AundCMxCMAIqeVr.jpg

if you pronounce helicopter as 'elicopter, it's "an." otherwise, you're a pretentious douchebag.

grammatically speaking.

Generally, you can put "an" in front of any word which begins with a pronounced H if the accent is not on the first syllable. Since helicopter's first syllable is emphasized, it doesn't meet the criteria, but "an historic helicopter" would be fine, especially in British English. In fact, just go ahead and spell it "histouric" to complete the aesthetic.

But hey, literally no one cares about that. I need to check out this game, especially after seeing the physical stuff ACK! got in the mail. That'll give me an excuse to use my floppy drive again.

Unfortunately the collector edition is sold out, for once the name "collector's edition" is for real.

Just finished it. I found it pretty boring, the story wasn't that interesting, and towards the end I was just looking to finish it.

Also, it always annoys me when people go for low-fidelity pixel art, and then don't go all the way. If you build your game out of only huge pixels, everything should be fixed to the grid.

Did you play the new version he made specifically for you, which allows windowed mode?

Does anybody want me to make a zip file out of the "secret" disquette files? It would be fun if we managed to figure out it's secrets together.