Lu 

The DayZ thread of TEAMWORK and STORIES

If anyone wants to me on steam I play pretty regularly 

Yeam man, add me I am YoThatLimp.

This game is super addictive, "alright, will just loot one more house" . Of course after hours of barely scraping buy I find both a shotgun and an M4 in the last building in town. No ammo though. 

I had my closest call yet without dying to another human. I spawned into Berezino with a fresh character and was looting the big apartment blocks and was on the top floor and I found a can of beans and a can opener. Super pumped I crouched and chowed down only to hear shots fired into the room from somewhere. The unknown shooter kept pumping the room full of bullets and I made a hasty retreat out of there, phew. 

I wish the game incentive team work. there is all the incentive in the world (supplies) to kill a stranger, but none to leave him be or help him. I have only met one friendly dude in my time with the game and he was a fresh character. Obviously once you are geared up you don't want to lose it, but the whole 'Kill on sight' thing kind of sucks!  

Berezino is fast becoming the game's main hellhole in my experience.

I was making my way to the supermarket as a fresh spawn and saw someone with a rifle coming down the street towards me. Admittedly I had my axe up, but there were still zombies everywhere.

I quickly got off the road and just clambered straight through one of the market's smashed front windows and went rummaging around in the back. When they didn't follow me, I wondered if they might be friendly, so I ventured out the back of the market to the gates to see if they came past.

Moments later, they did. So I thought I'd say "hello" and see if they wanted to trade or team up. I clearly had nothing, other than the splitting axe I'd found a few minutes before, a bobble hat, and some sunglasses. (Because why not?)

They backed off a few paces, seemed confused as to what to do, then simply raised their rifle and shot me dead in cold blood. So disheartening.

I really hate that so many people seem to be playing the game like it's just another FPS—it's a simplistic and stupid attitude to a far more complex and subtle game.

Anyway, on a more positive note, I downloaded the update earlier today and had a quick run around the airfield with my latest character. Found myself one of the new SKS rifles! No ammo for it though, and it's meant to be quite rare, too.

So if any other Thumbs find any of the shorter 7.62×39mm "Calm Bear" ammo, I'd love to meet up and trade.

Berezino is fast becoming the game's main hellhole in my experience.

I was making my way to the supermarket as a fresh spawn and saw someone with a rifle coming down the street towards me. Admittedly I had my axe up, but there were still zombies everywhere.

I quickly got off the road and just clambered straight through one of the market's smashed front windows and went rummaging around in the back. When they didn't follow me, I wondered if they might be friendly, so I ventured out the back of the market to the gates to see if they came past.

Moments later, they did. So I thought I'd say "hello" and see if they wanted to trade or team up. I clearly had nothing, other than the splitting axe I'd found a few minutes before, a bobble hat, and some sunglasses. (Because why not?)

They backed off a few paces, seemed confused as to what to do, then simply raised their rifle and shot me dead in cold blood. So disheartening.

I really hate that so many people seem to be playing the game like it's just another FPS—it's a simplistic and stupid attitude to a far more complex and subtle game.

Anyway, on a more positive note, I downloaded the update earlier today and had a quick run around the airfield with my latest character. Found myself one of the new SKS rifles! No ammo for it though, and it's meant to be quite rare, too.

So if any other Thumbs find any of the shorter 7.62×39mm "Calm Bear" ammo, I'd love to meet up and trade.

When do you normally play? I am keen on teaming up! I have a weird schedule, I work from 4:30AM GMT to 1PM GMT but am free anytime before or after that really. 

When do you normally play? I am keen on teaming up! I have a weird schedule, I work from 4:30AM GMT to 1PM GMT but am free anytime before or after that really. 

Currently, I'm playing with a couple of friends most Sunday and Tuesday nights, from around 8pm GMT onwards for a few hours.

I'll add you on Steam (if I haven't already—forget who I have and haven't!) and keep an eye out for you!

Had a good time with Plyem this afternoon, was actually able to do it because I am on call this weekend. We made are way to  Cherno found a few SKS rifles, an M4 then moved over to the airport. We saw a guy who retreated behind a tent to hide, when Plyem approached him he ran forward with his axe so he shot him. Apparently dude had a friend because Plyem was immediately killed. I was in a tent waiting for the hidden killer, but when he popped out of hiding I went to shoot him only to realized I had somehow put my gun away and was shot to death.  

RIP hard hat crew. 

I started new character today, I spawned in Solnichny. I spotted another new spawn looting the houses, we avoided each other for a while. As I made my way to the fountain he attacked me with a machete. Thankfully I had a shovel and bashed him to death, I made it clear I was friendly but there was no reasoning with him. He was the first human I killed. 

I will try to meet up with some of you guys soon, I was trying to crank through an Easy (first) run if XCom. It was superfun but I am looking forward to getting back into DayZ

Man, the Alpha-ness of this game can really kill my desire to play it sometimes. Last night I signed onto the Idle Thumbs server with a friend. Shockingly, we both spawned near each other and were able to head into a pretty good sized town and find both ample food, water bottles, and some melee weapons. We were already feeling pretty good when headed into a barn and found a rifle and a shotgun. This is the first time I'd ever had a gun in DayZ, so I was ecstatic. We continued looting the town for a minute...and then I saw the red chain of doom. We lost connection to the server and didn't see it in the browser to reconnected. When we logged in to another server, both of our characters had been reset to fresh spawns. 

I know, alpha is alpha, but I think I'm going to wait for a patch or two before playing again.

Man, the Alpha-ness of this game can really kill my desire to play it sometimes. Last night I signed onto the Idle Thumbs server with a friend. Shockingly, we both spawned near each other and were able to head into a pretty good sized town and find both ample food, water bottles, and some melee weapons. We were already feeling pretty good when headed into a barn and found a rifle and a shotgun. This is the first time I'd ever had a gun in DayZ, so I was ecstatic. We continued looting the town for a minute...and then I saw the red chain of doom. We lost connection to the server and didn't see it in the browser to reconnected. When we logged in to another server, both of our characters had been reset to fresh spawns. 

I know, alpha is alpha, but I think I'm going to wait for a patch or two before playing again.

There's a decently strong chance that you logged into a different hive, and thus your character is not actually gone forever but rather you have multiple characters. The Hardcore and Regular servers are different spawns.

Well, you were right. My character wasn't gone, but the second I logged in (or minutes after to be more accurate) I got held up. Some guys handcuffed me and took stuff out of my bag. They were generally polite, but they left me handcuffed with pristine cuffs, so it took 15 minutes or so and I still wasn't free. Then I got the "no message received from server in 43 seconds" error, so I think my character is going to die for logging out while cuffed or whatever. Not sure how I feel about this game right now.

If you wish to join the *actual* server, it can be found by searching Idle Thumbs.

It can't...  :hah:

Anyone know these mysterious details, please?

Your ping threshold is probably set to 100 and if you're in England, I bet your ping is higher than that.

It can't...  :hah:

Anyone know these mysterious details, please?

Oh I seeeee… I thought you meant search the Idle Thumbs forums for the details, not search in DayZ's server browser. :)

As it goes, I can't make it now anyway—didn't realise I'd be out with friends tomorrow at the same time it's happening. Hope you guys have fun!

Wish I could join you guys today, but I'm working. I'll try my best to watch it live though. Best of luck to both Sean and Olly.

Progress of a newb: Fourth time spawning on the IT server with a Euro-tastic ping of 219 and actually managed to survive for longer than 10 minutes. Found myself on the outskirts of a larger town with tower blocks further up the coast, a residential area a little way inland, and a construction site and crane before that.

I now possess a white hard hat, a spare blue backpack inside a green backpack, a baseball bat and axe, and a rotten banana. There is a zombie at the bottom of the under-construction car park. I'll be staying on the roof...

You're just south of Balota, in the construction yard there. The baseball bat will be hard work with the zombies, but it'll still be much better than your bare hands.

If you can, get over to the nearby barn and look in there for more kit. Then head inland into the town (Balota) and see if you can find the supermarket along its southern outskirts. You should be able to find some food and drink in there, and maybe some better clothing in the nearby buildings too.

*It's just become apparent, from instantly knowing exactly where you are, that I may have played DayZ just a leeeetle bit too much… :/

Fear not! I was actually on the southern tip of Solnichniy. Fell out on the first floor and broke both my legs.

Spent about half of yesterday's Least Dangerous Game running my lag-tastic new spawn from a click south of Sol to a well-looted Polana. Found an axe and an SKS (but no rounds), a sewing kit and some other bits and bobs. Not a bite to eat nor a drop to drink! Will have to make better use of that DayZdb map...

You on tonight?

Yes! Will be on a bit later, some time between 7-8pm GMT, playing with a couple of friends.

You would be extremely welcome to join us!

I'm on and in mumble if anyone wants to do some gear runs/learn some stuff/general tomfoolery.

e: whoops false start, maybe a bit later. There were over 20 people on the server for the brief moment I was in it. Hopefully it stays relatively populated.

Also feel free to friend/message me on steam whenever if you want to do a thing and I will try to respond.