Lu 

The DayZ thread of TEAMWORK and STORIES

That sounds like a plan. Let's decide which small town or other landmark we want to meet up at. You know what? Let's make this place our standard thumbs meet up location. Henceforth, we should all meet up at that location before the start of our event.

Hopefully people from our group will find time to move their character to that spot before our event next week. This would save us hours of wandering around trying to find each other.

Sounds good. How about Guglovo? Its pretty central on the map and I havent seen any other players around that little town so far.

We can move to any direction from there aswell.

I marked the place on the map. (Its the place where we all met after we split up in two group yesterday. We where all standing around the water pump as you can see in Scratch's screenshot)

Knipsel.jpg

Guglovo is perfect. So if you're planning on playing next week, please move your character near the water fountain in Guglovo. Gather supplies, gear up or whatever else you need to do and get yourself to Guglovo. Get it done preferably before we play next week so we save time and can proceed swiftly to spread fear amongst other players on the server.

Now lets cross our fingers and hope that we also luck into finding a good server that lasts us for the entire run.

Map trick: if you are playing with a single monitor, shift tab in steam, open your browser and go to dayzdb.com. Open that map in the browser and you'll be ready to go without needing to alt tab.

Just to completely bombard this page with my posts, if anyone wants to play DayZ NOT on a Saturday I'm up for it. If people need basic gear or want to make weapon runs or just go get shot a bunch. Name's the same in the steam group.

Just to completely bombard this page with my posts, if anyone wants to play DayZ NOT on a Saturday I'm up for it. If people need basic gear or want to make weapon runs or just go get shot a bunch. Name's the same in the steam group.

Just made it to Guglovo. I brought a syringe full of Plyem's blood we can inject into people on Saturday, just to immunize them from him.   What times are you on normally? I am keen. 

I just got the alpha on Steam. I haven't played since it was a mod in 2012. Does anyone want to play tonight and show a noob the ropes?

I live on East Coast US, but I'm mostly available. To the last two posts, just hit me up on Steam and I'll probably say yes let's do it.

e: and also if anyone wants to futz around in DayZ Mod or any of the other maps I'd do that too. They have a lot more variety and also explosions sometimes.

Just a friendly reminder: We're playing again around 4hrs from now. So if you haven't moved your character to Guglovo yet, please do so and save us all some time.

Hey dudes, sorry for the disappearance act my net went down, by the time it was back up I had to go. Will have to play this week to stock up for next weekend!

This sums up my session! 

4CdLxK6.jpg?1

Well, having my character reset and then losing all my cool gear was a bummer, but I still had fun. At least it felt like some us had an adventure of sorts.

After respawning and scavenging for new stuff, I came across this little shack. It was filled with a whole bunch of new-spawns who were repeatedly being attacked by a single zombie. A zombie feed-station? I managed to grab this screenshot  before the zombie started chasing me.

xc877l.jpg

Aw man, I wish I'd had the presence of mind to screenshot the house of the guy honeypot trapping people in Elektro. It was an absolute murderbarn.

It sucked to lose gear, it always sucks. But when you're not getting KoS within 2 minutes of spawn it's way more interesting on the coast.

For next week, bring some lights! Its gonne be dark ;)

Also make sure you are in or around Guglovo next week! We will start moving the moment most of us are there and catching up with us in the dark could be tricky.

Alright so after 2 hours, a lot of blood loss and a 30 zombies murdered with my fists of rage I am fairly stocked up. Picked my way east and found 2 fire axes and a mosin and some ammo. My screen is definitely desaturated still.

If I used my rags to stop bleeding will i regain blood?  I have 2 sets of bandages. I have been popping vitamins every time I stop and eat to see if that would help, but not sure!  

As far as I know, rags or bandages will only stop the bleeding. You won't start regaining blood immediately after applying rags/bandages. I think blood regenerates (at a really slow pace) as long as you keep a healthy level of food and water. The best and fastest way to deal with blood loss is to get somebody to donate blood or give you a saline bag. 

This is all based on knowledge I've picked up playing DayZ myself. So I could be wrong.

Scratch is right, but note that saline bags will get nerfed in the upcoming patch. One bag wont give you full blood anymore.

More patch notes:

Fixed:

- Niosh mask (respirator) inventory size fixed to 1/1 slot.

- Missing strings for BE popup for alternate languages, set to English while translations are being done.

- Reduced dispersion of FNX45 (from 0.05 to 0.03)

- Balanced stomach capacity,

- Added stuffed notifier (instead of sickness when full up)

- Eating and drinking animations properly set for tablets/disinfectants

- Version number in server browser and details

- Saline transfusion doesn't refill full blood

- Charcoal and Tetracycline tablets won't give sick badge if you aren't actually sick

- Player aim run speed updated, weapon position changed and improved for first person view

- Glitches on right hand while moving and while giving taunt fixed

- Players can't pile backpacks inside of another backpacks, backpack-inception style. You can only put one backpack - - inside of another backpack if the backpack that is being put inside is empty.

- Magnum speedloader should be spawning now

- Number of backpacks spawning lowered

- Number of .357 Pythons spawning lowered.

- Number of M4A1s spawning lowered

- Dead character cleanup performed at 10 minutes past death

- Removed scripted server teleporting check as now managed by engine

New:

- Editable character name in main menu

- Hive, mode and time columns in server browser

- Database support for sub hives. (Sub-private, Hardcore/Regular public)

- DayZServer.exe support for sub hives.

- Signature verification against PBOs

- Added shotgun speedloader into loot spawns

- Added box of 20 pieces .357 rounds into loot spawns

- Added color variants of all shoes into loot spawns

- Added Hiking pants (both long and short ones) and Canvas pants including their color variants into loot spawns

- Added hacksaw into the loot spawns

- Added shotgun into loot spawns

- Berry picking

- Added Hacksaw into loot spawns

- Saw-off shotgun recipe

- Opening cans with saw

- Painting Mosin now supported w/ spraypaint

- Added spraypaint can into loot spawns

- Coastal harbor town of Svetloyarsk (and surrounding areas)

I have such a love-hate relationship with this game. 

I played for a few hours this morning just so I could gather up some supplies for next week. I had a revolver, pistol, baseball bat and an axe for weapons. I had two small protector cases full of ammo for the revolver, pistol and  mosin. I had plenty of bandages, a pristine syringe, a saline bag and morphine. I had also managed to pick up a pristine headtorch and three 9V batteries for our night run next week. No problems with food, water or blood loss. Then I get the losing connection message. I decide to move myself to a corner of a nearby building and just let the server disconnect me.

But the server doesn't shutdown or disconnect me from the game. Instead, the game skips around a bit and I find myself lying on the ground moaning in pain. When I try to stand back up, my body just slumps back down to the crawl position. Somehow I must have fallen from a height and broken my legs. So no more walking for me. In panic, I just start applying bandages to myself. I take some vitamin pills and use the morphine hoping to dull the pain. Something must have worked, because miraculously I find myself able to walk again.

Extremely pleased with the situation, I decided to log off the server and stop playing before my luck ran out. But 20 mins later, found myself logging back in, unable to contain the excitement from my previous session. And as luck would have it, only a few minutes into the game I was shot dead by someone I hadn't seen. Goddammit.

Now I don't know if I should go back and start scavenging all over again. It's just so depressing and yet I've a smile on my face as I'm typing this out.

EDIT: I've now learned through magic of google and the DayZ wiki that morphine can be used to fix broken bones. Huh.

Yep, that sounds like DayZ. Now do it all over again! With regards to disconnecting (and frankly everything), I wouldn't count on the game or the server to do something generous for you, ever. If you don't want to deal with the desync my suggestion is either relog or swap servers.

Saline and blood bags will restore blood but they won't restore health. You regain health by eating and drinking properly until you get the "healthy" or "healing" status. If you have a million years to kill and want to learn about the DayZ health subsystems this guy has some really good videos.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC9YSGX22B6Z3k9-hJzJcz4w/videos

Before I transcribe another one of my adventures here, I'm gonna say upfront I'm not proud of what I did. I just did it instinctively.

So after the events of my previous run, I respawned along the coast somewhere between Solnichniy and Kamyshovo. After getting my bearings, I headed up the road towards Msta and was lucky enough to find a Mosin and an axe in the first house I looked in. I found a water bottle, some cans of food and a kitchen knife in Msta. I still hadn't found a backpack and my pockets were all filled to the brim. I decided to move up along the road towards Staroye. More junk and some food, but still no backpack. I found a sweatshirt and some cargo pants that let me carry more stuff but I was still running out of inventory space. In Staroye, while trading blows with a zombie I started bleeding. I eventually killed it, but realized I didn't have any rags or bandages to stop the bleeding. I wasn't even wearing a shirt I could tear into rags; just the sweatshirt and cargo pants which you can't tear into rags.

So I frantically started running into houses checking for anything at all I could use to stop the incessant bleeding. I must have been very careless in my search because all the houses I checked were empty. After running around in circles and I was ready to give up. This is where it ends. Once again, I lose my gear to bad luck. So while waiting for myself to bleed out, it occured to me that I could still "cheat" and keep all my gear. I found the nearest house, dumped everything I had into one spot in the center of the house, closed the door behind me and stepped outside in nothing but my undies. I then took a screenshot of the house and made a mental note of exactly where it was located in Staroye. My insane idea was to bleed out, respawn and then make a beeline straight to this house to pick up all my stuff. Assuming the server didn't reset and nobody else on the server casually walked into the house by the time I get there, my stuff should technically still be there. I just decided to take that chance.

And to my surprise it worked! I got everything back, just the way it was. Yes, I admit, in a way you could call it "cheating". But come on, if nobody else on the server picked it all up by the time I respawned and ran back then I call it fair game.

Posting a few screenshots in spoiler tags to shorten the post.

Peeking through the window of the house to make sure my stuff is still there.

2jfa8mq.jpg

Took a shot of the house, just in case I forget which one it was.

345hguv.jpg

My dead body from a past life. Still exactly where it bled out.

11glojo.jpg

And finally, all my junk. Still here and still in one piece. Untouched.

2uxzs3o.jpg

Oh man I wish I could go on a crazy night mission with you all.  I am back at school now so I am unable to waste my life playing DayZ, but come spring break berry picking and Nidhogging all night long.

People with Mosins who are camping fresh spawns need to learn that bolt action rifles through a scope don't work well for close encounters.

Actually, I take that back. I hope they never learn. I'll have free loot from complete jerks forever.

Haha nice one Skretch. I dont consider that cheating but smart thinking :D

Smartest part was dropping all your gear away from your dead body. Im gonne remember that.

Dont know if you guys follow Dean Hall on twitter but I saw some pretty sweet tweets today.

Work on queued login has begun. This is our combat logging/server hopping fix. Hope ton have more info soon, not a big task.

Combat logging/server hopping prototype will be finished tomorrow, so we will test it out then and report on success

Server performance looks substantially better, which will mean more zombies!

Two big game changers in my eyes.