By the way, the Goodreads iPhone app has a barcode scan feature which makes it easier to find the correct edition to add to your library. Might be available on other platforms as well.

By the way, the Goodreads iPhone app has a barcode scan feature which makes it easier to find the correct edition to add to your library. Might be available on other platforms as well.

Yep, the Android version of the app is really well put together and has that as well.

Holy Franklin! The Goodreads app is amazing and fun! I'm now able to quickly copy my entire collection to the list with the scanner. I love it. I'm also noticing that older books have no barcode, and for some reason, that makes me happy.

ooo goodreads app, i'm gonna download it now

i've just joined the book club group and currently going through adding all the books that i can remember reading. Do graphic novels count? :) i don't think i'll bother putting every volume of shitty old ultimate xmen on there

http://www.goodreads...7488-mark-elmer

Update: After about a month on GoodReads, it has, as expected, brought out the best in my obsessive experience-hoarding tendencies. It's amazing how the simple act of recording and ordering past and future activities can keep a hobby active. (Exhibit B: Fitocracy.) It's challenged me, in a passive and friendly way, to find more pockets of time to pursue it.

In fact, I'd rank it equally alongside the Idle Book Club for reigniting my passion for reading. So hey, thanks!

The recommendations algorithms I could give or take, but seeing friends with similar taste recommend something outside your radar really works wonders.

http://www.goodreads.com/user/show/14125450-alastair

Apparently, I was incapable of finding this thread and created a new one.. oops? Here's my account.

To me it's like Backlogerry, you can see your progress on the books you own and haven't read yet, it can even sort them by page count so you can tackle a short one if you want. It's also nice to see what other's are reading.

Too bad I already added all my physical books manually before I heard of the app... My possibly OCD brain gets very upset if the book I own doesn't have the same cover as mine and I still don't get if the the "to read" list is for unread books or a wishlist or both.

Goodreads has also made me realize I have a backlog of unread books thanks to all the eBook bundles that pop up. 

Apparently it also allows audiobooks and comics, which means you'll soon get to see my "great" taste in cheesy comics. ¬_¬U

I actually just made an account a couple weeks ago. Here it is: https://www.goodreads.com/user/show/24314106-jonathan-rust

I mostly made it to keep track of my own thoughts on books, since that's something I've never really done. But yeah. (I suppose I could've posted this in the old dead thread, but whatever.)

God I really suck at rating things, though. I wish rating systems were just a thumbs up and thumbs down. Did I like it? Yes or no.

I'm also very often forgiving of a piece of entertainment's flaws if I come away satisfying, so I have a hard time rating something three or two stars.

I used the app to scan some comics and it worked better than I thought, but now I wonder, should I bother to add the stuff it didn't recognize? And most importantly, if it doesn't have an ISBN and was made by hand at the local print shop or even at home, should I even bother?