jokemaster

Duke Nukem 3D

Yes, I think it was just the atomic edition that had the intro.

The atomic edition was actually pretty good, it had a whole extra chapter of themed levels like Area 51 (Independence Day), Mission Impossible, and Babeland Themepark (that was a good one :D ).

It was the game that got me playing online (before Quake took it's place). Damn good. And I too have fond memories of struggling with the intracacies of 2.5 D level design :P

.....dude, Duke 3D is the only FPS in the series currently released, Manhattan project is a side-scroller.

I do believe he was talking about the first two Duke Nukem games, who were in fact side-scrollers.

I do believe he was talking about the first two Duke Nukem games, who were in fact side-scrollers.

I know, but he said that he stopped playing the series when Duke 3d came out. Unless you're saying he hasn't played the original 2 games....

.....dude, Duke 3D is the only FPS in the series currently released, Manhattan project is a side-scroller.

There was a Duke Nukem for the GBC which was a side scroller and Duke Nukem Advance for the GBA is a FPS...

Then there are all the "Tomb Raidery" ones, Land of the Babes, Time to Kill, Zero Hour....

(What, only 4 threads in the Retro Forum? I must put an end to this! Go! Go! Go! Next Stage!)

There was a Duke Nukem for the GBC which was a side scroller and Duke Nukem Advance for the GBA is a FPS...

Then there are all the "Tomb Raidery" ones, Land of the Babes, Time to Kill, Zero Hour....

(What, only 4 threads in the Retro Forum? I must put an end to this! Go! Go! Go! Next Stage!)

well, yeah but aren't those more like spinoffs

hmmm,planet of the babes? *sneaks out to buy it*

The original PC sidescrollers were some of the first pc stuff I ever played, and are probably part of the reason I got so into PC gaming in general.. and hence never bothered having a console until I got a SNES to play Starwing :)

Do not buy planet of the babes it's terrible :shifty:

You should probably get something like Heavy Metal : F.A.K.K. 2 (or whatever it was called) :shifty::shifty:

still awaiting the true sequel :haha:

Oh you poor guy I feel sorry for you.. :hah:

And I thought waiting for Strike Commander was a nause.. but i bet nobody else ever bothered playing that

Memories from Duke Nukem 3D : the earthquake...the Moon...my mouse which malfunctionned after 2 mins of playing...giving the babes unlimited bucks...Fights in D.C. and in a McDonald's

Oh my, don't tell me you're one of those people? Duke3d has more lines than just those few from AoD

Oh yeah, it also stole lines from They Live and other movies.

Not only that, but the voice actor for Duke Nukem is an ass and thought that he could be Bruce Cambell in a fight, which is obviously not true because Bruce Cambell is god.

He thought he could just 'do' a Bruce Campbell? Bruce, the crowned king of backwards acting!! Heresy say I!

Oh yeah, it also stole lines from They Live and other movies.

Not only that, but the voice actor for Duke Nukem is an ass and thought that he could be Bruce Cambell in a fight, which is obviously not true because Bruce Cambell is god.

Wait, I thought Tim Schafer was God? :erm:

AFAIK, in the newer games, not really true sequels, he still talks like Bruce, but the doesn't use his lines... :hmph:

It was only a moment of weakness, I'm sure. He'll soon see that golden calf for what it is.