pabosher

Obligatory Comical YouTube Thread II: The Fall of YouTube

Also interesting: I saw a video recently that described the structure of the brain and why it hurts to think, and you can in that video how the host is on autopilot until she starts having to work out if Chuckie is right about the sun and the moon and decides she needs to engage her frontal lobe.

If you get bored in the first 3:30, the last 1:30 of this is incredible:

(Edit: It auto-loaded at 480p for me. Watching it again at 1080, the birds and

people on the chairlift

are clearly comped in. Given how much more extreme freeride courses are, the skiing is entirely plausible though).

There is an unofficial Starship Troopers musical from the people who made the Harry Potter musical.

I don't know if there's any love for spongebob here, but I think this is hilarious and weirdly dark for a nickelodeon show.

Nickolodeon has this problem where they give their most popular shows tons of rope and support and anything else can go hang. Spongebob has been there for a while, so I understand it's gotten a little... strange.

The Spongebob Squarepants Movie is a goddamn masterpiece of surrealism.

I saw a trailer for the new one and it actually looks quite cool. The characters have translated really well into 3D, and it looks fun. Avid Spongebob fans may think differently, though!

There is an unofficial Starship Troopers musical from the people who made the Harry Potter musical.

I think you could repurpose those costumes/puppets for a Metal Gear musical as well.

Also, searching for Starship Troopers musical led me to this late 70s music video that is FUCKING INCREDIBLE!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1wwilCs4Jqg

Nickolodeon has this problem where they give their most popular shows tons of rope and support and anything else can go hang. Spongebob has been there for a while, so I understand it's gotten a little... strange.

I agree with you totally on that, but also (and I am totally biased on thisI think if any show deserves the support, it's Spongebob. This episode is actually from what most people consider the golden era of the show, so it's always been a strange show. Nowadays it's a different kind of strange though. A bad kind of strange.

From this film:

Rising rock star, TJ Cray, gets the shot of a lifetime, an audition with a A & R man. On the way into the city, a carload of drunks smash into his car, severing his hands. He drops out of the business and becomes a homeless drunk. Cray wakes up to a pulsing beat in an abandoned warehouse, where a "rave" party is in full action. To his rescue comes Anamika, a computer artist, who takes him outside for fresh air. They become friends and eventually reinvent TJ's career. With the help of friends, they replace his hands with prosthetics and design a metallic cyber looking suit. TJ quickly becomes an overnight sensation, known as Cyberstorm. The finale is a dramatic scenario where TJ has to make crucial decisions about his new life.

Not sure, whether this wasn't posted before. Anyway, amazing and funny. Other videos of this guy as well. And I must have lived under a rock for some time now, as I didn't know the music or the video until yesterday. Great stuff too!

Having not seen the originam music video, I was just really creeped out XD It's a lot funnier now i've watched the original video XD

I've been enjoying a particular meme "Unexpected Thug Life". This is a particular highlight:

I don't care if it is fake or not; "Fighting Big Paelo for Christ" is going on a tshirt.

I won't believe that's a fake until I see a sanctimonious guy on an acoustic guitar singing "god hates a bronto."

The layers of weirdness in this clip multiplies exponentially, yet it's still funny and logical. I love Japan. I also need to watch this whole film.