pabosher

Obligatory Comical YouTube Thread II: The Fall of YouTube

I don't know how much of this was pre-written and how much improvised, but if you want a master class in taking control of a show, look no further than this 1994 appearance of Jim Carrey at Jay Leno's. It's amazing. I hope most of this is unplanned. Carrey absolutely dominates the thing. Over the course of the show he sets up various strings and jokes, paying them off in pretty neat ways.

CCCCCINNAMON

Holy shit, this was fucking amazing.

I remember when that song first appeared a few years ago I didn't think it was at all realistic that Shia LeBeouf would do any of those things. So naive.

Wait, did Shia LaBeouf just totally redeem himself in no uncertain terms?

No, he still plagiarised someone else's writing and thought he'd get away with it

That Jim Carrey interview is hilarious, except didn't he marry a woman who believes vaccines cause autism? There's a small part of me that wonders 'how much of this madness is for jokes?'

I think the answer to both questions is: Hollywood. There's something nuts about Hollywood and stardom. I think as soon as you find yourself in that position, taking on acting as your way of life, it becomes really hard to keep a handle on who you are yourself, especially once everyone starts scrutinizing your every move and either loving or hating you for it. I know I'd go a little crazy.

No, he still plagiarised someone else's writing and thought he'd get away with it

If you're referring to the video, that's Rob Cantor (the author of the song) doing the reading, and it's posted to his youtube channel.

If you're referring to all of his previous plagiarism, then fair enough. I find Lebeouf funny enough that I basically hope there's a sealed letter predating all of it, stating some kind of plan or self-aware intent, but have a horrible suspicion he just got caught and is trying to spin it as best he can.

I'm referring to all of his previous plagiarism, Rob Cantor seems pretty cool.

I actually liked labuff well enough (he was good in Indy 4! (I liked Indy 4 - I'll fight you)), but the plagiarism stuff definitely ruined that for me.

It reads like he's been doing it on purpose. right? Apart from maybe his short film, which he got called out on and then went plagiarising crazy all with really obvious easy to find copies, maybe to try and cover it up, make it all seem like an act? who knows... I am following him on twitter now though :)

I hate seeing that self inflicted scar he has on his cheek now though, makes me cringe when i think about it. He felt the make up on the movie 'Fury' wasn't convincing enough so he cut his face open and keep reopening the wound throughout filming :-/

It reads like he's been doing it on purpose. right? Apart from maybe his short film, which he got called out on and then went plagiarising crazy all with really obvious easy to find copies, maybe to try and cover it up, make it all seem like an act? who knows... I am following him on twitter now though :)

I hate seeing that self inflicted scar he has on his cheek now though, makes me cringe when i think about it. He felt the make up on the movie 'Fury' wasn't convincing enough so he cut his face open and keep reopening the wound throughout filming :-/

Wow, that has to be intentional.

And also what he cut his face for acting??

As a Daniel Clowes fan, Lebeouf will never ever redeem himself, sorry. He was cute long ago in Even Stevens, but since then I've found him consistently cringeworthy.

Also does the guy not fucking know how movie make up works? It's not about whether it looks real at all times, it's about whether it looks real under the correct lighting conditions and within the view of the camera lens. Then CGI can go in and make any necessary corrections later. What an attention whore.

The part towards the end of that raccoon video in which he does a daft little run away with his stolen goods is fantastic.

He seems very versatile in the way he is moving! And adorable.

These birds sound like tiny Waluigis.

OMG they really do! HAHAHA!

possibly NSFW