pabosher

Obligatory Comical YouTube Thread II: The Fall of YouTube

Yessss. I saw the thumbnail and thought "oh shit is that a new Felix Colgrave." That guy is just way too good. Think I'm gonna have to grab the soundtrack to that.

I found this video notable for no reason other than that it really sounds like Tim Schafer is narrating it (give it 30 seconds):

Ahh man, I remember when Shooting Stars came back after like a 5 year hiatus. To me you could tell that Vic and Bob didn't want to do it but had to. The shine had gone from their eyes. They are just Drones for the Big British Castle.

The first 18 seconds of this video just kill me every time. The rest is ok.

(For those who don't know who Noel Gallagher is or who Oasis were, that's not just some random guy taking the piss out of them in the video at the top of this page: It's one of the band members doing a DVD commentary with regrets).

Ahh man, I remember when Shooting Stars came back after like a 5 year hiatus. To me you could tell that Vic and Bob didn't want to do it but had to. The shine had gone from their eyes. They are just Drones for the Big British Castle.

Yeah, halcyon days. After the BBC canned it for the last time, they did something with an almost identical format for Channel 4, but that too wasn't as good. Bob is often brilliant on Twitter though.

Aww dammit, I rode about 18 miles on my bike tonight and couldn't get this out of my head. Felt like breaking into song most of the way round.

The bat cave man goes far, but it's also kinda neat. He is an unapologetic fan, his family seems totally OK with it... good for him. I wouldn't mind having an awesome private movie theater myself!

That was insane! Yet obviously quite the norm for those guys.

Edit: Actually, scale aside (which really threw me!), that's how my dad gets his fender onto the slipway. He gets a metal strip put along the botttom so he can just cruise on in with the engine in neutral and beach it, ready for the trailer.

In my imagination a bearded man now appears on the bow and says to the onlookers: "Nay, I shall take only two of each species upon my arc."

Haha wow that is huge.

Hey what's the fire for just next to the water? I assume there's some physicsy reasons and I have some educated guesses but.

I assumed it was something for the crew to aim at, but it's hard to tell how visible it'd be from the other side. There's not much smoke coming off it.

Either that, or the whole thing isn't a scrapyard at all and it's just a very elaborate way to put out a fire.

I just assumed it was something on fire, since it was a scrapyard. If i worked at a scrapyard i would set all the shit on fire.

Have we seen this yet?

Music videos with the music cut out and replaced by careful foley.

That gets even better as it goes on :)

I saw

briefly a few months ago, and assumed it was a similar thing just now, but digging it up with Google found out it's actually real.

Was that not just a scene from moonwalker? Maybe I'm just getting confused from the quiet bit in smooth criminal....which is fuck hilarious. Ooooooooooooooo and lots of exaggerated head nodding. Me and two friends were actually dancing to that music video at about 3am on New Years morning, doing our best MJ impressions with not a hint of irony. I have to post the video now. So. Good

http://youtu.be/ceU4ANZKdOM