pabosher

Obligatory Comical YouTube Thread II: The Fall of YouTube

I'm so relieved. Just imagine if he'd have been able to go through his entire speech about how incredible and fantastic his stories are, how thankful the audience should be to him that his wonderful stories bring an element of the fantastical in our dreadfully unimaginitive, boorish lives.

Everyone likes making fun of Michael Bay because he made terrible movies out of those kid's toys, but real talk for a second: here's a man that got stagefright, which is an entirely human thing to do. He is not trained, nor accustomed, to getting up on stage and lying to a bunch of people like those other guys are, and when the safety net broke, he acted like a human being and went for the exits.

Sure, it's painful to watch for that reason. Still, I think it's fair to poke a little fun, considering his body of work and the presentation he was about to make.

If the first sentence he said had been any other sentence than the one he started out with, I'd have been totally sympathetic. But there was a very obvious, teethgrinding plug of the worst kind coming. Apart from that, basic human empathy ensures that no one gets out of this feeling great.

Wow he just straight up BAILED like fuck it WE OUT PEACE. Props to that guy. I probably would've been too scared to leave and just kept babbling for a while before someone was like "THANKS (NOW GO AWAY)"

If the first sentence he said had been any other sentence than the one he started out with, I'd have been totally sympathetic. But there was a very obvious, teethgrinding plug of the worst kind coming. Apart from that, basic human empathy ensures that no one gets out of this feeling great.

He should have started with "I make over the top dumb action and explosion filled movies which are highly enjoyable. The curved screen puts you right in the middle of this awesomeness." it would have been much better.

I like Bay's movies for what they are (but the Transformers movies are quite bad). I am looking forward to Bad Boys 3.

My housemate is obsessed with OLED technology, so I asked him to answer the question that Michael Bay couldn't.

His response: basically the curved screen does two things; make the edges of the screen closer to your eye, and reduce the glare of specular light (when light is shining directly on the TV screen).

I would add that the curved screen is chiefly a gimmick so that they don't have to bore people with the advantages in colour reproduction, response rate, blackness reproduction and power consumption that OLED technology has over LED and plasma. They sold flat screens mostly on form factor - yes it was clearer and sharper, but it was also flat and enormous for only a little more than a good CRT display. I think they're doing the same thing now.

My housemate is eagerly awaiting the second generation of OLED TVs, when they stop selling only to early adopters. He lights up whenever the manufacturers announce they're dropping the price of the current models by a couple of thousand.

totally need to overlay microsoft sam over that.

...and now I want to listen to the computer episode of welcome to nightvale.