pabosher

Obligatory Comical YouTube Thread II: The Fall of YouTube

Well, ThunderPeel, I think I just found my new favourite Kids in the Hall skit. Not sure how I missed that one.

I'm also quite fond of this because it's clearly all true.

This is just a Hard N Phirm song with the album cover displayed, no actual music video, but as they already got mentioned (must have knowledge of Radiohead):

Genuinely spectacular. I love it.

The first time I watched this I almost died, you have been warned

Me too. Then, cruelly, I introduced a friend to it on a phone with earphones during the adverts in a cinema. Laughter has never been stifled as hard.

(Anticipating righteous vitrol, I reiterate: during the adverts. As in the product commercials before the trailers. No artistic content was ruined. Unless you're a huge appreciator of pretentious car ads or trying-too-hard phone ads or something.)

Ha! Makes me think of this one...

Edit: Actually scratch that one. This one is better...

There's so many sketches, they ran for five years, didn't they? That's a lot of Kids in the Hall!

Me too. Then, cruelly, I introduced a friend to it on a phone with earphones during the adverts in a cinema. Laughter has never been stifled as hard.

(Anticipating righteous vitrol, I reiterate: during the adverts. As in the product commercials before the trailers. No artistic content was ruined. Unless you're a huge appreciator of pretentious car ads or trying-too-hard phone ads or something.)

I am a huge appreciator of you doing that to someone during the adverts in a cinema.

Unrelated: Brian Butterfield is apparently back!

Saw this skit from Portlandia

http://youtu.be/Ir3v5yDk9Ws

Some people were accusing this video of being nerd-shaming, which is kind of dumb. I think it frames the "fake nerd girl" complaints in a more sympathetic light. Also it's funny.

I'm not sure if that's a pisstake at the "fake geek girl" concept or not.

About the Portlandia thing: sometimes it is deliberately obfuscated what the point actually is, so everyone can latch on and feel smart about it. Or so you have to deliberate on it.

Case in point, the 'Heckler' episode of Louis, season 1.

(Note: the lady is acting, this is staged). It really isn't clear what Louis is saying with this bit. I took it as a complaint of how inappropriately comedians can sometimes abuse their microphone in saying heinous things. But that point isn't overtly made, so it may well be a genuine attack on hecklers. It just isn't that clear, so you can read both sides into it. The point may be to make up your own mind.