pabosher

Obligatory Comical YouTube Thread II: The Fall of YouTube

I'm not either. All I know about Kalevala I've seen in TV miniseries and national romantic paintings. Reading it in school didn't come easily to me.

Speaking of awesome cartoons... The Venture Bros. is probably my favourite. It's too character based just to take a snippet from, though.

Venture Bros really is some quality TV. It's one of the few shows that gets better each season, at least for me. As for snippets of the show, while there aren't many that work out of context, The Nozzle is always a classic.

I wasn't too much of a fan of Season 4.0, but they definitely picked it up again with Season 4.5... and Season 5 is just around the corner. (Yay!)

Here's a clip that kind of works out of context...

I honestly can't remember a lot of season 4.0, save for the first episode, the way they tracked time was quite brilliant. The hour long season finale was one of my favourite Venture Bros episode though. There was some really strong story telling in it and makes me wish the regular episodes were an hour long instead of 25 mins.

That clip had me hunting for the scene with Herr Trigger in the airport customs line but Youtube turned up dry. This will have to do though:

Oh I love Mr. Show. It's one of those shows I always make sure to mention, and I'm like hey you gotta see Mr. Show, and they're like okay and then never do.

Oh I love Mr. Show. It's one of those shows I always make sure to mention, and I'm like hey you gotta see Mr. Show, and they're like okay and then never do.

You can't even buy the DVDs here. Nobody has ever heard of it!

Did somebody say Pi?

I first encountered that a couple of years ago, and it led to my learning 64 digits of pi just so I could sing along. I'm suitably ashamed.

This is just a Hard N Phirm song with the album cover displayed, no actual music video, but as they already got mentioned (must have knowledge of Radiohead):

Oh my god, that is the most perfect band* name ever.

*track name

Well, that song just made my morning. Especially the whistling voice on the "this is what you get" parts.

The first time I watched this I almost died, you have been warned

(They should use this one week for the intro to the podcast, "welcome to idle thumbs..." )