pabosher

Obligatory Comical YouTube Thread II: The Fall of YouTube

No, but is a parody of the way real milsim people do things. Which depresses me.

Gonna start talkin' like that in Dota 2.

Planetside 2. Just for that 3 seconds where people will try to figure out if you're actually trying to lead the squad

I don't know if I'm a little loopy tonight or if that is just amazing but that made me laugh harder than any of their other stuff, which is pretty good because they're pretty hilarious.

I don't know why I was expecting this to be less funny than it was, but it turned out great!

Those russian traffic videos can be categorized in:

- carelessness driving (including pedestrians)

- failing infrastructure (manhole covers, car maintenance, etc.)

- random tree attacks

Makes me never want to drive again. Yikes.

Also, who are these people who go around recording every journey?

Insurance fraud is super common in Russia, so if you own a car it's in your best interest to have a dashboard cam. There's a guy in the first video who's just standing there and jumps into the path of the car.

I was about to say, either every car in Russia has a dash cam with burnt-in timecode, or every Russian cop in a car is a complete lunatic.

I was about to say, either every car in Russia has a dash cam with burnt-in timecode, or every Russian cop in a car is a complete lunatic.

Can't it be both?

I think a lot of people in Russia film their driving for insurance reasons. For protection from scum bags making false claims and the like

I think a lot of people in Russia film their driving for insurance reasons. For protection from scum bags making false claims and the like

I think everyone in Russia wants to be a YouTube star.

Makes me never want to drive again. Yikes.

Also, who are these people who go around recording every journey?

I do. Too many dickheads on the road now.

There's a bunch of of cheap cameras built for it now, that use MicroSD cards and continuously record 5 minute chunks of footage. As the card fills up, they delete the older files, and you only need to faff with them if something happens. Even the HD ones are fairly shitty cameras, but the footage is good enough as evidence. Cyclists use them too.

Pretty much. Mine continually records and when it detects a shock, it dumps the previous 10 secs and post 10 secs to card, can link it to google maps etc.

Ooh, that's pretty nifty. The one I got on a whim a year or two back just does the five minute chunks, and there's a pause of about 1.5 seconds between them, so if something happens at that point you're shit out of luck.

The Navarra video in Mington's link seems unreal, and is pretty gruesome despite the lack of visible carnage.

Yeah I should of mentioned 'don't watch the video'. slip on a bit of ice, 3 seconds later you and your car are utterly obliterated by an 18 wheeler. I was expecting a close shave video /sad face