pabosher

Obligatory Comical YouTube Thread II: The Fall of YouTube

If you're willing to sit through some crazy Stepmania play for a great ending, do so. If not, skip to 1:47

I have a (probably really dumb) question - on games like that one above (stepmania video), I guess guitar hero would be another, where someone has to put in hours and hours and hours of game time to get anywhere near being able to complete the crazy batshit fast ending - I was wondering how game developers know that it's even possible to complete the crazy batshit fast ending when they make the game.

I know there are such things as game testers, but I thought they were there to iron out bugs and stuff, not put in the dedication needed to get super ace at these kind of games, or am I wrong?

HOW DOOZ IT WORKS?

I would assume (maybe it's something to ask the GB crew? They're pretty in with John Drake), that they have a test function on the prototype guitars or within the dev build that runs those ridiculous levels over and over and over again for flaws.

I think this grew organically. This genre has a looooong tradition in Japan and the public arcades encourage mastering these and displaying Mad Skillz. The same goes for the insane bullet hell shooters; these games appeal to a specific crowd of people and they are very carefully tailored towards them with a super duper hard end game.

How sad is it that those 2 are some of the few I genuinely laughed out loud at???

I lost my s*** to Fat man Scoop Cat.

So, what I discovered recently - and I don't know if this is common knowledge - is that the Youtube loading circle is actually a game of Snake you can play with the arrow keys. A small mind-blow.

So, what I discovered recently - and I don't know if this is common knowledge - is that the Youtube loading circle is actually a game of Snake you can play with the arrow keys. A small mind-blow.

That's because they only added it recently I believe :)

It's pretty awesome that they've added in snake to YouTube. The fast connection is an issue, although if you hit left and up enough it'll start as the video invariably has to buffer.