pabosher

Obligatory Comical YouTube Thread II: The Fall of YouTube

That's a powerful question. What do I do guaranteed?

Question your authority, that's what!

I sometimes really appreciate my ability to have the humor of a twelve year old on a whim. (Though if I just wanted the bad puns I'd link the two minute version, the crowd really makes this.)

Definitely impressive when compared to the stuff that people made before, but man those animations are stiff.

until you realize they used some kind of cheap motion capture tech to make all the animations and didn't clean it up. Straight from mocap into SFM!

An amazing bit of satire. I didn't know professional wrestling athletes were also professional comedians.

Ricky Gervais and Karl Pilkington teach you English.

I cried at Ricky's impression near the end.

I know this is on the featured list, so everyones pprobably already seen it, but I thought it was hilarious.

The Shitty Wizard is now a courier that is just that wizard model riding the basic courier.

This isn't even remotely comical, but what am I gonna do, make a new thread?

I quite liked it.

Following the increasingly popular "not funny but you should see this" trend.

A montage/compilation of symetrical one-point perspective shots from director Stanley Kubrick.

One-point perspective shots have an unsettling effect on (most) viewers. Which is something Kubrick exploited repeatedly in his works.

He used one-point perspective shots as a way to make the audience uneasy even when nothing is happening.

I couldn't watch that! It featured the 'orchestral Requiem for a Dream' soundtrack, which was very impressive in 2001 but by now the new Carmina Burana of trailer music: just don't.

I couldn't watch that! It featured the 'orchestral Requiem for a Dream' soundtrack, which was very impressive in 2001 but by now the new Carmina Burana of trailer music: just don't.

I agree, it should have stuck with the Ligeti from the beginning.

On the theme of Kubrick's unsettling direction style, I wouldn't advise sharing a 70cl bottle of value gin with a friend while watching 2001. I had to leave the room because I was so uneasy and almost fell down the stairs.