pabosher

Obligatory Comical YouTube Thread II: The Fall of YouTube

People are getting really good at SFM really quickly.

Definitely impressive when compared to the stuff that people made before, but man those animations are stiff.

This is a pretty damn good recruiting video:

I'll admit, I only really understand the reference to Zynga... Though I did find that particularly rib-tickling.

Definitely impressive when compared to the stuff that people made before, but man those animations are stiff.

Practical Problems is apparently Kinect mocap, which partially explains the stiffness of that one. Green and Purple seemed fine to me.

Green and Purple seemed fine to me.

Facial animations in particular were awful in that one.

But I'm just being nitpicky. I'm still impressed.

I did not want to create an entirely new thread just for this video so I hope some people will find it here and enjoy carmack being, well carmack.

You know, "I'm sick, so excuse me if I'm incoherent". Then proceed to talk lucidly about various endeavours undertaken and its technical aspects for 3 hours. Get asked about neural interfacing? Sure that's seems like a great idea!

So NBC used to have some fantastic Olympic coverage.

That's like a fucking master-class in deadpan comedy.

Ha. That's fucking weird. It's obviously some big comedic bit she planned, but it's not particularly funny. I guess there was just nothing else to say!

I don't know if Tom Waits just tried to come across as eccentric as possible in that interview or if he really was like that in the past, but he really annoys me there (and I really like Tom Waits). The current version is positively charming though, as evidenced by an entire second CD dedicated to his ramblings in Glitter and Doom Live.

Wasn't there also at some point a story that Ledger based the character on Johnny Rotten? I can see more of Waits in his performance though.