Jake

New Forums! Post feedback, notes, etc here

Fixed, thanks. Also, Sort of figured out why it's not starting on boot (I hope).

It's probably a preventative measure against Yuletide cheer.

I think maybe I broke it.

You can search for ********* successfully despite it being a vile horrible word that is rightly censored. 

For the mobile site, the 'Next' button for the next page is only keeping or bringing me back to the first page of a thread. I'm on chrome on iOS, and testing on mobile safari it doesn't seem to happen. Anyone else run into this?

I have one thing that has been bugging me for a while, I can't seem to multiquote seperate people anymore without things getting weird and attributing it all to the same person. Sometimes this seems to work with the multiquote option and sometimes it doesn't. I used to be able to fix it with using the full editor, but no luck anymore. Perhaps I'm doing something wrong?

Also I just noticed that my location is no longer displayed under my name and everyone else has it displayed. Is it just because I am seeing myself or did I break something with my profile?

Edit: Oh wait, my location has to go in a different place now, my old profile is under "converted."

You know how the forums do weird stuff like censor "pineаpple" to "*********" and auto-insert a space in "video gаmes"? How do people get around that? I've seen people manage to bypass the automatic filter, but I've never figured out how. Personally I use homoglyphs, but whenever I see someone bypass the filter I check for those and they're not present, so I have no idea what people are doing. Please, tell me your secrets!

Who put the space in video games?

You taunt me with your secrets. I can see what you're doing on the page source, but I can't figure out how to make it happen.

You know when you're typing up a post to a thread, and the forum gives you a little popup saying "New posts have been made, display them?" Why does that notification only happen like, one time in four? Is there some special rule governing when it triggers? I swear it has not triggered for me more than it has.

Pineapple?????

Wait you got around the censoring for that word in your post is this all a trick.

I told you, I was using homoglyphs. I can see everyone else is bypassing it by opening then closing an HTML tag, but I can't figure out how to make this forum software do that.

I think the phrase you are looking for is 'inject a hack tml script'.

This is probably because my office just got IE 11 but almost all of the posting functions are broken for me now.  I'm completely unable to quote anyone and any time I open a dialog box (such as trying to insert a picture or link) I'm unable to close it, even to cancel it.  I have to reload the page.  It's not a big deal since I can insert the tags myself but it's a mild nuisance.  I only have this problem at my work computer so I'm pretty sure it's just the browser I'm stuck with.

Hey, you know how when you're inside a sub-forum looking at all the topics and at the bottom of the page is the option to 'load more topics'? is there a way to make that available within a topic to read replies that way instead of going to different pages?

I was wondering what the approved image URLs are and the reasoning behind it. I have an Imgur account just for posting stuff here and wish I could just post from google photos. Thanks.

posting comments on mobile (iphone 6) has been weird the last couple of weeks. When you hit submit, it just kills the page and doesn't post the comment, at which point you need to refresh the page which takes you back to your waiting comment in the text box. Hitting submit now this second time will post the comment.