Jake

New Forums! Post feedback, notes, etc here

I don't like how these forums include text formatting from outside sources, including font size and background color and other weird stuff when I copy-paste. Is there an option to turn that off (without flipping the little light switch to go into hardcore posting mode)? Or maybe an extension for Chrome to just stop it from happening altogether?

Shift-control-v in Chrome should paste without formatting in any text form on any website.

Lately the forum's started acting weird if I try to italicize something in a linked sentence.

ie: [url=http://www.idlethumbs.computer]Testing [i]testing[/i] testing[/url]. results in:

testing.

Lately the forum's started acting weird if I try to italicize something in a linked sentence.

ie: http://www.idlethumbs.computer%5DTesting %5Bi%5Dtesting%5B/i'> testing. results in:

testing.

Interestingly enough, if I quote you, turn on Advanced Editing Mode, and then turn it back off without changing anything else, it displays properly:

Shift-control-v in Chrome should paste without formatting in any text form on any website.

Ahh it works you're my hero!

Italics on these forums have actually led to crashing my browser lately, but I sort of attributed it to me switching to Chrome Canary instead of proper Chrome. The issue appears to be fixed, assuming I remember the repro steps correctly: activate italics, type some stuff, do a newline, deactivate italics. At the very least, it doesn't crash for me doing that so hurray.

Isn't Shift+Ctrl+V the global shortcut for non-formatted pasting? It works almost anywhere, anyway, even in Microsoft™ Office™ Excel™.

Would still like it if these forums linked to the main Idle Thumbs site in the template somewhere. I know you guys are busy, though!

Would still like it if these forums linked to the main Idle Thumbs site in the template somewhere. I know you guys are busy, though!

Worst. I went into the templates to add one, and discovered there's already support for it, and it's basically impossible to miss in the settings unless you're a blind fool. So... sorry this took years.

If you forget to use shift-ctrl-v, there's always the "Remove Format" eraser next to the light-switch as well.

Worst. I went into the templates to add one, and discovered there's already support for it, and it's basically impossible to miss in the settings unless you're a blind fool. So... sorry this took years.

:worship: My life is improved. Thanks Doug!

Hmm, weird. I applied a security update last night that seems to have caused it. I'll take a look later tonight.  Looks like the template cache just needed a courtesy flush.

So...my post count has been stuck at 49 for a while now. It's one of those small irritations that started to nag at me.

I just checked how many posts I actually made. 65 seems to be the answer.

Edit: 66 now.

Is it because posts made in Gaming are counted but those in Idle Banter (and elsewhere? Or perhaps vice versa?) are not?

So...my post count has been stuck at 49 for a while now. It's one of those small irritations that started to nag at me.

I just checked how many posts I actually made. 65 seems to be the answer.

Edit: 66 now.

Says 49 for me :P

Is it because posts made in Gaming are counted but those in Idle Banter (and elsewhere? Or perhaps vice versa?) are not?

That seems to be the case! Hm, should have thought of that. Nevermind then. ;)

Really?

Let me test it.

edit: yep.

How odd.

This is a super weird problem and probably something tabacco has no control over, but on iOS (and I don't think this happened before, maybe something to do with iOS 8?) whenever I try to open the "The Nintendo Wii2 (Wii Too?!): The Stream: NESCafé" or "Idle Thumbs 160: Die Übiverse" threads it just loads for ever and then gives an error "Safari couldn't open the page, because of too many redirtects." (or something to that effect, in Danish..)

Anyone else experience this weird, very specific issue? I guess it might have something to do with the weird characters in each thread's name? é Ü!