Jake

New Forums! Post feedback, notes, etc here

I have this really bizarre problem, with the Idle Thumbs forums exclusively, when I am writing a post. I may have mentioned it before, but with some uncertainty as to whether it was the forums or my computer. Now I've encountered it on three separate machines. All with Windows 7 and Chrome, and I can't imagine I'm the only one with that combination!

PROBLEM DESCRIPTION: Sometimes, when I go to delete stuff from the post, the cursor will randomly jump to another spot in the text area, resulting in shifting characters, and deleting characters I never wanted to touch!

...Does anyone have any ideas?

I get that all the time when using italics or bolding. You can ctrl+i and ctrl+b to turn it on and off, but the moment you hit delete or use the arrow keys, you'll jump to the end of your italicized or bolded phrase. As far as I can tell, it's unique to the Idle Forums with Chrome.

Yup, it happens to me in Chrome too. I seem to remember complaining about it right after they upgraded the forum software and Doug was all like «fuck you and your problems,» or «weird, I'll file a bug report» or something like that.

hurr hurr use firefox hurr hurr

(I use chrome and also have this issue.)

I have this issue too, also on Chrome. I have noticed it on another site that uses the same forum software, so it is absolutely an issue with IP Board and not this site in particular.

Am I still able to block or put other members on ignore?

Klick on your name in the upper right corner -> 'Manage Ignore Prefs' -> put in a name under 'Add a new user to my list' and check some boxes -> 'Save Changes' and you are set.

So yes, you can. But should you? Is it the right thing to do?

Ah, I see, I go from my settings, not from the person's profile. Too much Facebook.

Poor dog. :(

EDIT: Oh neat I can ignore signatures for those annoying times when forums have members that compete to have the largest, most obnoxious sigs ever.

So for some reason Chrome completely broke the forum for me? It's probably a problem on my end, since the font is all weird and whenever I try to post it goes "Your post is empty" and none of the editor buttons work. Any ideas?

Sorry to keep harping on about this.

Embedded youtube videos aren't appear on iphones/ipads since around the 14th Feb

For example all the videos on this page are just big blank spaces on my iphone and ipad, but all the embedded videos on the previous page still appear fine (both in mobile and full version of the site)

http://www.idlethumbs.net/forums/topic/5052-the-dancing-thumb-aka-music-recommendations/page-54

I just started having an issue where, unless i go to the full post editor, line breaks are not showing up in my posts.

Such as this, right now.

These sentences were all written on different lines, but are showing up as a single paragraph.

Not exactly a huge problem, but it's a little annoying.

I just started having an issue where, unless i go to the full post editor, line breaks are not showing up in my posts. Such as this, right now. These sentences were all written on different lines, but are showing up as a single paragraph. Not exactly a huge problem, but it's a little annoying.

This is happening to me also and none of the rich text stuff works.

I did! Totally fixed it. Thanks. :tup:

I was about to post with the same problem when I saw this.  At first I thought it was the shitty version of IE 7 I'm forced to use at the office, but it worked for me too.

Clearing the cache is definitely the first thing to try. I know from running an IP.Board myself that if the software is updated or some template changes are made, those won't necessarily be picked up by web browsers right away and can in the worst cases completely break things. I myself found the post editors not working in Chrome until I cleared my cache, so presumably something was done with those.

I feel like this has been addressed elsewhere but I can't quite find it, so I apologize.

Is there an option to set certain users to "ignore"?

I feel like this has been addressed elsewhere but I can't quite find it, so I apologize.

Is there an option to set certain users to "ignore"?

Klick on your name in the upper right corner below the forum banner -> 'Manage Ignore Prefs' -> put in a name under 'Add a new user to my list' and check some boxes -> 'Save Changes' and you are set.

(A bit sad that this question gets asked quite often lately - pretty un-Thumbs-like. A bit sad that I know the answer through use.)

Edit: Oh, or just look like ten posts up, same question, same answer.

Thanks! If I was a stronger man I'd just, you know, actually ignore their posts. But I can't help myself from reading and then I get mad and it just isn't worth it.

Thanks! If I was a stronger man I'd just, you know, actually ignore their posts. But I can't help myself from reading and then I get mad and it just isn't worth it.

God, I'm still occasionally dumb enough to click on 'View it anyway'. I mean it is right there, maybe I won't just get angry and sad this time. Fucking moron that I am.

I'd love the option to completely remove people from my Thumbs-experience - no option to read their stuff to bait my stupidity, and even remove quotes that carry their mark.

That kind of reminds me of Gilliam's happy ending to Brazil: The hero retreats from the horrific real world into the isolated bliss of his own insanity.