Jake

New Forums! Post feedback, notes, etc here

Very very minor, but the editor doesn't allow one to type en dash (–) on OS X with the standard (option)+(-) key combination. It hides the toolbar instead.

Very very minor, but the editor doesn't allow one to type en dash (–) on OS X with the standard (option)+(-) key combination. It hides the toolbar instead.

You should be using the em dash anyway—(option)+(shift)+(-). En dash is primarily for number intervals.

:period:

It's easy. You just click "More reply options" and..

"You can upload up to Uploading is not allowed of files (Max. single file size: 2MB)"

Oh.

Doug got the Idle Banter theme ported over. Woo!

I knew I made the right choice when I saved Doug from those zombies.

yay!

(Can the next thing being fixed be the max-width and the ugly hover color on the pagination links?)

It looks like notifications have stopped working for me, I went to the settings in my profile and changed a few settings, but I still don't any notifications in my inbox.

yay!

(Can the next thing being fixed be the max-width and the ugly hover color on the pagination links?)

There is nothing wrong with the wacky colors. Move along.

The colors stay, or I am hacking them back into place somehow. :pan:

Strange, I got a notification from this topic, but not from the ones in the gaming forum.

Where are the forum birthday people listed?

In the usual place now. Quite a lot of 47-year-olds in here.

Just added it. Still needs a little style tweaking, though, as that front page display is a third-party addon.

Pruned (via usergroup change) a ton of old probably-spambot users, so the birthday list should be less crazy now.

Can you add a Javascript/CSS thang such that when it is our birthday, the entire screen is overlaid with falling balloons?

e.g. position: absolute; z-index:1001; background:url(it-is-balloon.gif.jpg)

Oh, wait. This approach would have the great side-effect that when it is our birthday we cannot post because everything would be covered by the balloon overlay. Well, consider it a bonus.

Oh, wait. This approach would have the great side-effect that when it is our birthday we cannot post because everything would be covered by the balloon overlay. Well, consider it a bonus.

This would prevent one from accidentally slipping the Thank you all! before people have stopped posting their Congrats!. That is wasteful and awkward. I support this idea.

Two things: How do I remove subscriptions for a thread, so it no longer appears in 'My Content'; also, how do I edit out location information that shows in my profile under 'Converted'?

Ta.

Two things: How do I remove subscriptions for a thread, so it no longer appears in 'My Content'; also, how do I edit out location information that shows in my profile under 'Converted'?

Ta.

You can change your content stuff by clicking your name up top and going to 'Content I Follow' — there's an edit button on the right that lets you mass edit them. Or you can just click here to go there right now:

http://www.idlethumb...rch&do=followed

So that's why I wasn't getting replies from some threads? I never set them to "No Notifications" before, but it's good to know how to fix it.

screenbq.png

:hmph:

I've noticed that the search function is super finicky. Makes it hard to search for things if it gives an error if you have a number or 3-letter word in your search term.

also, how do I edit out location information that shows in my profile under 'Converted'?

I'd like to know how to do this too. My "Converted" information is now inaccurate.