Jake

New Forums! Post feedback, notes, etc here

I am now browsing from the mobile interface on my iPhone. Just as smooth as the normal one.

did you install the iPhone application? or just using safari?

I havent tried the iOS app, but the mobile theme in Safari is nice.

did you install the iPhone application? or just using safari?

Just using Safari; I had no idea there was an app.

The dots are in a list called "group icons". I'm guessing the moderators have grouped everyone according to how much they like them. More dots = more like.

The dots are in a list called "group icons". I'm guessing the moderators have grouped everyone according to how much they like them. More dots = more like.

Accurate.

Are thread tags gone for good?

I'm super curious about those mysterious dots under some avatars. I don't know whether I should be proud or ashamed that I have them.

Hmm, the tagging system is enabled, I'm no sure why it's not available. I'll look into it more tonight.

The dots appear to be a rank-based thing (based on post counts). They go away at a certain point because of the weird mashup of builtin and imported user ranks. We'll probably clean those up shortly, now that we've figured out what they mean.

Sexy!

Oh hey! The Nurse is back! :ratched: The original crazy big emoticon.

The thread I made earlier - the new YouTube thread - allowed me to add tags.

You might want to do that max-width thing in a CSS Media query. Who knows what crazyness is abound in the future.

@media screen and (max-width: 1300px) {
 body {
max-width: 1280px;
 }
}
@media screen and (min-width: 1300px) and (max-width: 2000px) {
 body {
max-width: 1980px;
 }
}

etc.

Also, I like how the code tags have syntax highlighting.

Give me a sec and I'll rewrite all your HTML and CSS and you can just paste it into your site.

Are the subforums final? Having a separate forum for books and the book podcast seems rigid and pointless, especially now that there is a pre-discussion thread for the first book. I'd imagine that the book podcasts are not so frequent as to warrant their own subforum.

Are the subforums final? Having a separate forum for books and the book podcast seems rigid and pointless, especially now that there is a pre-discussion thread for the first book. I'd imagine that the book podcasts are not so frequent as to warrant their own subforum.

Is anything on the web final? The current thinking is that we want a separate sub-forum for each show, with a thread per episode, in part because of how some of the things on the non-forum part of the site will be hooking in. That said, we're definitely taking the attitude of "let's try things and see how they work, then adjust," and not "THIS IS THE WAY IT IS. WE HAVE SPOKEN." That tends to not work so well online.

The Book forums are pretty speculative right now since there is no content, but it seemed like starting them the same way as our other podcasts, instead of making an exception out of the gate, before we've even released an episode, was the way to go for now.

I gotta say I am a bit miffed that I went from user #10 to user #5974-kingzjester. Obviously there is something seriously wrong with this software.

Woah, modern forum software! Love it!

I have a tiny problem, but I'm not sure if anyone else feels the same way. I find the list of threads hard to read because the rows aren't clearly separated. A subtle row separator (like black 5% opacity border-bottom) would fit really well with the light theme. It'll make the list *much* easier to read, while still maintaining the clean look.

How do you change number of posts per page?

I am also asking this question.

Also, how do I join Phaedrus' Street Crew? I seem to be the only person here who is but a lowly Member.

thinga.jpg

So hey, I noticed this thing.

Can we turn off the post count? We didn't have that on the old forums, did we?

But then how will people know how important I am and also the size of my ePeen? :molyneuxcrown:

A MYSTERY??