toblix

Resonance

So Wadjet eye is releasing another point-and-click-em-up on Saturday, and it's up for pre-ordering on gog.com. Aparrently it's developed by xii games, which I know nothing about, but if it's anything like the Blackwell games or that other one, sci-fi something, it's probably good.

wow gold

xii games is basically one guy (Vince Twelve) plus assorted AGS regulars (Shane Stevens, Nikolas Sideris) doing other things. Vince also made the much shorter but very interesting games Anna and (especially) What Linus Bruckman Sees When His Eyes Are Closed. He's a cool dude (or at least he was back when I still visited the community years ago).

It's nice to see Dave Gilbert basically turning Wadjet Eye into a stable for commercial AGS games, pooling resources & lending expertise for marketing, getting on Steam, etc.

So it should be out today, but for some reason it's not. I don't know if Gog are having technical issues, or if they usually release games right before midnight or what, but it's a little bit annoying. At least Steam has a countdown.

This is releasing June 19. :)

OMG HI! What have you been up to?

Yeah, I'm all embarrassed. I whined and bitched all day before realising I had the wrong month.

I ordered the physical version, I think their games are the only ones I have on disk lately...

Fov! I remember you from Adventure Gamers! Hi! :3

It's out. I've played about twenty minutes, and I'm already in love with its old-schoolness. Pretty graphics and hacking cyber-terminals aww yeahhh.

I'm loving it too, although I don't like that it has a score system like the old Sierra games. I'm also insanely jealous that you get to go to the launch party, W.B..

I wish I had a save file for the actual game for the last scene of the demo.

So...

how many of you sent the email that is surely going to get the secretary fired?

This is super spoiler-y and part speculation but....

OH GOD! ED is the bad guy! I just know it! He hit on Anna because he KNEW who she was and because he KNEW Anna could open the vault! Every item incriminating Bennet was touched by Ed first! He probably made up the metal plaque story in hopes of getting the gun! AAAAAHHH!

And about Anna's dream:

The monster behind the door is Anna's drunken dad?

So...

how many of you sent the email that is surely going to get the secretary fired?

I'm not too far into the game, but I did.

there's an achievement for it

When you get to pick among the 4 watches/clocks, do you end up doing all the scenes eventually or do you actually miss out on seeing/playing stuff depending on what you pick?

I'm not too far into the game, but I did.

there's an achievement for it

When you get to pick among the 4 watches/clocks, do you end up doing all the scenes eventually or do you actually miss out on seeing/playing stuff depending on what you pick?

As far as I know you have to play all three, it's the intro that introduces you to all the characters. Since the game has a point system you can "miss" stuff, but it's more likely because you used a different solution from what the game thinks is ideal.

Cool. Looks like I need to pick this up. (It's better than Gemini Rue, right?)

I don't remember if there was anything wrong with Gemini Rue, apart from the shooting sections, but yes, it's WadjetEye's finest game yet. You might get a bit confused or even annoyed by the new memory system.

Long term memories are ones that you'll keep during the whole game, and are usually quest related. Short term memories are not shared by everyone and will fade after a "section", but are usually needed more than LTM in puzzles. It can get annoying when you realize that you have used a "STM" to remember something from another area, but once you get used to them, it's great!

God damn it, this fucking fuse box!

Are you talking about the one in the lab?

I don't know why, but Ed, the math guy, simply knew what to do and "skipped" the puzzle, maybe that's why I was a few points short in the end?

It's the one very early on where you have to

lead a wire from top to bottom across nine nodes in order to balance power

according to some system I sat hours with last night trying to figure out. If anyone has a tiny hint for me, I would appreciate it.

Gemini Rue had fantastic atmosphere, and I even enjoyed the shooting sections, but I found the dialogue and characterisation to be very poor indeed.

Gemini Rue had fantastic atmosphere, and I even enjoyed the shooting sections, but I found the dialogue and characterisation to be very poor indeed.

Well, I think Gemini Rue was mostly published by WadjetEye, while in this game they were more involved? I think they mostly helped with the voice casting in Gemini?

Toblix, that's the puzzle I somehow didn't have to do, but I'm pretty sure there there is walkthough already, I know because I had to use on a certain kind of puzzle I hate to do.

I've done that fuse box puzzle twice, but I honestly don't understand it all that well. Maybe this:

Some nodes add to the meter a certain amount, some remove from it. You need to find the nodes that together add up to ten.

I just noticed that according to the map Ed and Anna are on completely different subway lines.

I just noticed that according to the map Ed and Anna are on completely different subway lines.

Super near the end spoiler:

And that how the detective figures out (and you too if you pay attention) that Ed is the bad guy.