Sign in to follow this  
Thompson

The Electronic Three: 2012

Yeah, I really didn't think Ubisoft would top themselves in weirdness from the previous years, but sure enough. Aisha Tyler worked ok as a host, but her counter (a youtube person named "Tobuscus") was just unbearable.

Watch Dogs, though? That has some solid potential, if they go deep with the hacking mechanics.

Toby has many catch phrases including, but not limited to, "Bless your face!" "If you sneezed during this video, bless YOU", "What a bunch of balls," "Intro/Outro of Darkness then Redness then Whiteness", "Sponsor!", "Badadododododododo SUBSCRIBE," "WHEEEEW," and "Hothothothotototot...."

Thanks Ubisoft. Thanks for making the most embarrassing SHIT I've ever seen at E3. Thank you for making me feel embarrassed for liking video games.

This is nothing new. Honestly, I don't think it's as bad as it's been in the past. Or at least, not worse.

It's a shame, though, 'cause Ubisoft generally makes some pretty great games. Too bad Ubisoft is a terrible company.

I've been passing on watching anything live this year, but I have been watching responses in real time across the net. And while Ubisoft apparently had the single most obnoxious thing within their conference I'm under the impression that, overall, it was positive for people. Especially that new game they revealed. Everywhere I was looking went apeshit for it. Good on Ubi, since the last few years have been odd. Not bad, just odd.

I don't begrudge MS for their conference's focus, since this show is more mass-appeal / general audience / business driven these last few years. The show floor still exists so game stuffs will come from there rather than be a focal point on a stage. Frustrating for being different, yeah, but video games still exist! That said, don't get me wrong - nothing terribly exciting from MS. I just don't feel like they're killing people's dogs and families, as the net so implies.

For all the talk Sony has been doing lately - especially to investors about how the Vita is the company's saving grace - they sure didn't make a strong case for the Vita. And considering Nintendo is apparently focusing on the 3DS tomorrow Sony may have just handed them that market. Tomorrow morning is going to be brutal.

Oh yeah, I almost forgot the absolute hilarity of Microsoft announcing that Internet Explorer is coming to Xbox, and then a round of applause. Applause. For Internet Explorer. That's my mind blown.

Especially that new game they revealed. Everywhere I was looking went apeshit for it. Good on Ubi, since the last few years have been odd. Not bad, just odd.

Since I'm not watching this stuff either, what game is this?

Watch Dogs. On phone so can't get the link, but there's a 9 minute trailer / demo floating about on the Internet.

Much of my fascination with Watch Dogs stems from my lack of knowledge about it. From the trailer it looks like there's this huge, detailed future city with all sorts of sweet stuff happening all the time, and since they haven't said anything about it, I imagine everything about it, and it feels like this incredible, fantastic game. Obviously as we get closer to release, actual technical details will be released, and we'll hear about various skills, different weapon types, unlockable areas, mission types, DLC vehicles or whatever, and it'll shrink and turn into a real, actual game that will run on an Xbox 360 or PS3.

The long Watch Dogs video looks incredible, definitely going to be one of the next big IPs I think. The Last of Us also looks superb, I love the depth and absolute brutality to each encounter — as well as the hints at you not necessarily being a 'good guy' like in most games.

Wow, that Watch Dogs video does look pretty great. Any game where you can just walk around a city and observe things happening around you is basically my favorite game.

The cutscenes and action stuff I can take or leave, but controlling the traffic lights? Sweet.

The thing is, they showed a slightly different video in the Press Conference, wherein the ending kinda suggested it was an MMO with dynamic quest systems wtf??? It was mad cool.

The Last Guardian

:( :( :(:tfart:

What, was it bad? I was kind of looking forward to that..

I can't find any info about Last Guardian at this e3 after a (quick and lazy) google search, so hopefully he meant it's disappointing there was nothing revealed about it.

I am at E3 and it hasn't started yet but it is already the loudest. Send help

I can't find any info about Last Guardian at this e3 after a (quick and lazy) google search, so hopefully he meant it's disappointing there was nothing revealed about it.

I felt the same way last year when there was no mention... or was it the year before that?

Watch Dogs looks okay, but really if I look at Driver 5, Assassins Creed, and a couple of other Ubisofts offerings, I see this melting pot of ideas into one game... not really a bad idea. Though, I'm sure that's running on PC/next consoles and while there are some really nice things about it, it doesn't look like that big of a leap especially side by side with the last of us.

Watch Dogs looks fairly interesting. I was slightly surprised after thinking "Oh, GTA in Chicago".

I watched a video of The Last Of Us with no prior knowledge, and at first thought "Oh great, AAA going for something more nuanced and subtle". But no; mailbox stuffing it is.

You know, seeing all the Ubi games, those guys have some amazing animators. Seriously.

I'm glad Watch Dogs is another assassin game. Clearly there isn't enough killing and murder in video games.

But seriously, it could be great: GTA + Deus Ex on steroids.

Clearly there isn't enough killing and murder in video games.

Don't worry, Nintendo has our back with New U Super Paper Mario Gold Nintendo Land Bros. U.

Don't worry, Nintendo has our back with NU Super Paper Mario Gold Nintendo Land Bros. U.

Fixed :P

Oh, because goombas never have their heads caved in. Nobody ever thinks of the little guys!